More than one bar setup?

Phils

Thanks to CC we will be ordering a bar setup "... at least a week before sailing...".

Ours is an eleven day cruise and one liter would be insufficient. Can/should I order more than one liter? Is there a limit? We are a group of at least 1/2 dozen and all drinkers.

Or should I order more than one bar setup before we go? Can I order another while we are at sea or is pre-ordering the only way to get one?

We have adjoining cabins with another couple. Any advantage to ordering a setup that's enough for both cabins (any advantage other than saving $3)? Would a cabin steward 'confiscate' an open liquor bottle in a cabin that hadn't ordered a setup?

This 'bar setup' is a new adventure. We've all got only one cruise under our belts, and for that HAL trip we smuggled enough aboard to successfully supplement the bar drinks (using the term "smuggled" loosely since the attendant specifically "looked away" each time one of our bags was going though the X-ray machine). I've read enough here that we aren't even going to attempt that with NCL.

Phil

The only thing I know for sure is you don't want to wait to be on-board. That is very, very, VERY expensive.

What I think is that you can order 3 bottles per room and if people are in adjoining rooms or whatever, it wouldn't matter if everyone order or if you did multiple bottles for one room.

I'd guess for that many people you'd need at least 4 bottles.

Go ahead and order them all at once - IN ADVANCE - and pay only (1) $3 service fee!

Don't forget to ask your stateroom attendant to keep all ice buckets filled each day! Also, ask them to remove the mini-bar items from the refrigerator so you can use it for soda and mixers!

CHEERS!

:)

I don't know what type of party animals you are but I'd order 3 bottles per cabin for an 11 day cruise.

Vodka for Bloody Mary's for bkfst. 12 ppl = 1/2 bottle per round per day

Gin or Rum for Pool Drinks of Gin and tonic types.

12 ppl = 1/2 bottle per ROUND per day. 2 rounds = 1 LITRE.

Baileys/Kahlua for after dinner drinks = 1/2 bottle per round per day.

you get my drift?

I ordered 2 liters of gin for a 7 day cruise (alone) and had 2 shots left.

I do not think you can get a bottle after you leave port.

Anything left over you can bring back in packed luggage so bring lots of zip locks.

Better too much than not enough!

Have the steward remove mini bar and have them replace it with soda's or mixers you want. Bring your own Bloody Mary mix

Happy cruising.

Happy cruising

Over order now . you can not reorder once on board. 11 days X 6 people X all drinkers = 12 bottles . If they give you a hard time about ordering all at once , split it between the rooms .

Have fun

I was on the spirit last time...I'm pretty sure it's available on all ships.

I can't recall the price. However much they charged for the bottle of liquor..now that I think of it, we may have ordered a bottle of wine also.

1 litre bottles are either $40 or $55 depending on brand. $3 setup charge. Mixers can be ordered as part of the bar setup or you can carry them onboard without any problems - both at the start of the cruise and at any ports of call.

You can order the bar setup anytime after final payment, but up to 2 weeks before sailing, not 1 week. They will charge your credit card a couple of days before sailing. And, the last time we did it, 3 liters was the limit. But, that was for a 7 day sailing. I'll bet the limit is higher for 11 days.

You didn't mention what ship you'll be on. Perhaps the Jade? At any rate, you can email the ship's coordinator:

GroupEventsPlanner(ship name)@ncl.com. For instance, GroupEventsPlannerDawn@ncl.com

Happy Sailing!

You can order the bar setup anytime after final payment, but up to 2 weeks before sailing, not 1 week. They will charge your credit card a couple of days before sailing. And, the last time we did it, 3 liters was the limit. But, that was for a 7 day sailing. I'll bet the limit is higher for 11 days.

You didn't mention what ship you'll be on. Perhaps the Jade? At any rate, you can email the ship's coordinator:

GroupEventsPlanner(ship name)@ncl.com. For instance, GroupEventsPlannerDawn@ncl.com

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for clarifying that! Likely we'd have ordered a couple of weeks ahead of sailing anyway, but now I'll make the order 3 or 4 weeks in advance. (Gonna be on the Sun over Halloween).

Phil

Happy Sailing!

My email didn't go through when I tried GroupEventsPlannerPearl@NCL.com but did go through when I sent it to Shipcoordinatorpearl@ncl.com. If you sent an email to one of these, either groupeventsplanner or shipcoordintor, and don't get a bounce back, recieved, email, try the other one.

Wow, was that a confusing post or what?

Archived