5 to a cabin, 3 kids

Iannie

My family just got off of CCL Elation on the 1st. There has been talk here about 5 to a cabin and kids & excurtions, so I thought I would add my 2 cents.

We had cabin E182. 2 single beds, 2 pull downs and 1 little bed, fit my 6 year old perfect. We put all the clothes in the closet. Put the suitcases away and we had plenty of room. We also used the over the door shoerack. I found one with 5 rows with 4 pockets each, worked perfectly.

On CCL because the pool emptied into the pool you HAD to be 48", no exceptions! Because my son who is 47 " tried. They where every sweet everytime he went up and asked the attendant if he had grown.

All 3 of my kids, 12,7,6 wanted to snorkel. I asked about this at the excurtion desk but no luck. You have to be at least 8 years old to snorkel even if your kids can swim. Now we could have gone on the trip but either dh or I would have had to stay on the boat with the 2 kids. I guess they couldn't even get in the water to swim.

My kids went to the DR every night with us. My son got the kids menu but only to color on while we waited for our food. All my kids ate off the regular menu, even the lobster and loved it. (my girls loved the pineapple sorbet too).

Camp Carnival, well what can I say. My little ones LOVED IT! Never a problem, great security, they had fun everytime and made new friends. Can't say enough wonderful things about it.

Dh and I where a little apprehensive about bringing the kids along but we are glad we did. Everyone had a great time and let me tell you there is no talk about Disney Land in this house. It's, When is our next Cruise.

That great to hear about the room holding 5 people. I know I read a lot on here about how cramp it would be. We will be sailing on the Carnival Inspiration in August. So do all the pools have height restrictions?

My kids are 2, 5 and 10 and the 2 YO will sleep with us. We dont mind be all in one room, we have a popup camper and are use to it.

• 8 months later...

Archived