Is Feb 09 cruise to Bahamas from TX cold?

papasaun

I have booked a Feb 09 cruise on the Carnival Conquest leaving Galveston, TX arriving at Key West, Freeport and Nassau and am concerned the weather may be too cold. My wife, three boys (2-7), and myself want to enjoy warm weather on both the ship days and port days. Anyone familiar with this cruise or the typical weather at the ports (and/or ship days) for Feb 09. Carnival's website list the avg weather as being warmer than what the weatherchannel.com state and was hoping to hear from people who have been in the same area in February. Another option is to take the Western Caribbean cruise which goes to Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel but our family has already been on this one twice before and was hoping for something new as long as the weather is warm (beach and water). Thanks for the help!

I have booked a Feb 09 cruise on the Carnival Conquest leaving Galveston, TX arriving at Key West, Freeport and Nassau and am concerned the weather may be too cold. My wife, three boys (2-7), and myself want to enjoy warm weather on both the ship days and port days. Anyone familiar with this cruise or the typical weather at the ports (and/or ship days) for Feb 09. Carnival's website list the avg weather as being warmer than what the weatherchannel.com state and was hoping to hear from people who have been in the same area in February. Another option is to take the Western Caribbean cruise which goes to Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cozumel but our family has already been on this one twice before and was hoping for something new as long as the weather is warm (beach and water). Thanks for the help!

Freeport is the furthest port north. I have been there in Jan. and the weather can go from 80ish to high 60's in a day. So not sure what you will get. We went snorkeling on a day that was around 73 and wore wetsuits... the water was cool but tolerable.

Nassau is sort of off Miami so the weather is similar and should be 70's-80's unless a cold snap drifts down....

Key West will be warm most likely but Feb. is a month that can be cool all the way down to St. Thomas. I lived on St. Thomas in the early 80's and Feb. was the coldest month. People would take out sweaters (natives) and wear them because it got down to 65 at night.

Come join the roll call. We're excited too!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=710445

-Patsy

Archived