Just back from POAL 3/26 sailing

BJAMINGIRL

Warning! NCL is really cracking down on bringing liquor on. I was traveling with 2 other couples. We got through with no problem, but the other 2 couples had their liquor spotted in the check in luggage and confiscated. There was a lot of talk of all the liquor they found. Even a woman who had one of those bladder type containers was discovered.

Also the security getting on the ship in ports was really high...hand searching bags and wanding in most ports. Make sure you do not forget a picture ID when you go ashore. I was stuck at a guard house while my husband went back on the ship to get mine.

Had a great time. Ship was in good shape and had good service from almost everyone. Food was good to excellent. If you have a large group, you should know that the Kahuli italian resturant is the intimate dining room...no tables bigger than a 4 top. we had 6 of us and they never said anything about the fact that we were set at 2 tables. If we had known we would not have eaten there since it was our last night and wanted to sit together.

The captain did a great job of doing the evening sail by of the lava flow and the sail by of the Napali coast. Had a couple of whales putting on a show that was pretty cool too.

Used Roberts, Grayline and NCL tours and were happy with all of them. Also got off in Hilo and hired "Karen" a local tour driver and was very happy with the tour she gave us of the island and VNP. The visitors center had opened for the first time since the eruption on the day we got there. Really amazing sight.

Filled up a 2 GB card with photos so hope to have some great video memories. It really is too bad they are stopping this itinerary, it was perfect.

Archived