Where can I get water shoes?

People_Mover

Where can I buy me some water shoes? :D

Or does everyone just use old tennis shoes?

Water shoes are at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. You can also buy them online if you don't have a store near you.

. . . you can get Merrell water shoes--we got ours from this website:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/search_results.asp?gen=m&searchstring=Merrell+water+shoes&search.x=0&search.y=0

I recommend Merrell WaterPro UltraSports very highly: they were very comfortable (for men, a half-size under your usual shoe size, as you are not going to be wearing socks with them), they dry quickly as the water just pours in and out through the mesh, they have Vibram soles with VERY effective "razor-cut" treads which we found very effective for the various slippery and unsure and stony portions of the trail and the river. I DO RECOMMEND CHOOSING SHOES THAT ARE CLOSED (as we did) RATHER THAN SANDAL-STYLE, as there are a lot of loose pebbles of various sizes in and around the water, and the closed shoes keep these out. ;)

We have bought many pairs of water shoes. The best we have found are from Land's End. You can get them online. No affiliation with Land's End, but weare very happy with their water shoes for value, comfort and durability.

Eric

The Land's End shoes now at the Land's End website

http://www.landsend.com/ix/mens-clothing/Men/Shoes-Boots/index.html?seq=1~2~3&catNumbers=1~67&visible=1~2~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&tab=1

(for three pages) are much less expensive than the Merrell's, but they are not constructed the same; anything is probably okay in reality. The ones I recommended are the ones we wore. The Merrell's are made in China, which I assume is true of the Land's End shoes as well. Earlier threads have also recommended Teva's.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SeatoShoreSportShoes~137253_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::LIM&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000181&origin=index

Dh and I have these shoes. I bought them before our first cruise, and they worked great. We take these everytime we go to the beach, and they still look new. Very comfortable, and they dry extremely fast. HTH!!!

. . . about as long as a good pair of walking shoes; they are comfortable to wear, stitched well, and the Vibram soles are I think as good as you can find. We live in Swampland, so we don't wear water shoes often; but I am taking mine down to Hatteras Island next week on a boating/fishing excursion. I have worn Vibram soles, mostly on Rockport shoes, over the years, and I don't think I have ever worn the soles out!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SeatoShoreSportShoes~137253_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::LIM&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000181&origin=index

Dh and I have these shoes. I bought them before our first cruise, and they worked great. We take these everytime we go to the beach, and they still look new. Very comfortable, and they dry extremely fast. HTH!!!

wow, I bet you are hard to find on the ship with these shoes! :D

Do a Yahoo (or Google) search for Cudas Hydro-Sling Water Shoe. I don't remember where I bought mine (some online retailer), but I absolutely love them! They're made of neoprene (wet suit fabric) and mesh; I kayak in mine, walk the beach, etc., etc., etc. They dry quickly and are really comfortable. The only complaint I would have about them is that your feet get pretty hot in them when you're not in the water, so they're definitely not a "wear all day" type of shoe. They run about 20 bucks/pair. (Oh, and they also come in black! ;) )

cudas147864_11283_lg.jpg

I love my Land's End ones (skip the white ones in Belize though- that mud doesn't come out), and the rest of my travel companions live in Tevas during the summer months for every dry and wet excursion. Be careful with the Tevas not to pick the 'cheaper' ones (the ones that are only $45 or so), as they lack the extra padding at the strap joints that make a huge difference.

I'm a Merrill fan in general, they are a nicely constructed shoe, but I haven't tried out their water variety.

The thing I like about the Land's End, Teva, and I assume Merrills is that they look decent doing other activities, and don't look like you are going to the beach. I think those cheapo water shoes from walmart, kmart, target etc. are great for little kids, but they look pretty flimsy. I wouldn't expect them to hold up well. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for!

I have my booties I use for scuba. Are those heavy enough? My husband's have a thicker sole but I have a bit thinner ones. I was debating just buying some croc's, they are so ugly and I have avoided up until now but they seem like a good shoe for this type of thing??

Archived