Does anyone wear a fanny pack?

Wasubi03

Police advise against backpacks-your stuff is gone in a flash.

I can't stand weight on my shoulder, around my neck or on my back.

Therefore, I use a fanny bag (the security type). I carry only what I must cause weight around my waist bothers me too. glasses, money, pills, lip balm. When I go on a tour I also take a bag with a book, water and a portable fan--that stays in the van or bus.

I am a large woman- in every dimension-and cannot wear across the body anything--the straps are always too short. I tried once and had my purse up above my boobs and the strap cutting in. Just hate the short straps on purses nowadays.

As an alternative to the most unflattering fanny pack is a small back pack..not a school or hiking size...LL Bean has leather ones, Vera Bradley has quilted ones..an easy carry- all NOT buckled around the waist...I did it once to WDW in Orlando..saw the photos...NEVER AGAIN...a fashion don't!

Yes, I do still wear a fanny pack sometimes. Mainly when we touring around amusement parks, or on a airplane...cause it fits so easily in my carry on luggage and I can grab it quick to take to the restroom when I need 'something' from it.

However, on cruises...during the day or dressing casual I bought in Mexico two hand-made crochet purses. One is below in the photo that is smaller than another one which is a darker tan and larger. They hold my sea-pass card/money/credit card (if needed), glasses, tissues, camera, lipstick and comb. It goes over the shoulder and very light and casual. I love it.

purse.jpg

If you cruise in the Caribbean..I have seen local shops/venders sell them also. You might like this option also...when a fanny pack is not 'exactly' what you want to wear at that time.

BTW...to the previous posters who wrote about their kids/DH wanting them to carry their stuff in your fanny pack but still made fun of you...well, been there done that...but NO MORE. Now they ALL carry their own stuff since they have given me such a hard time about me wearing a fanny pack in Disney World/Disneyland! They sure changed their tune fast and no more funny remarks have been made since I made them carry their own stuff! LOL.:D

My 2 boys ages 9 and 12 use fanny packs. I personally would not wear one as I do not think they are flattering on any occassion.

It is convenient for the boys when we are on vacation as they can carry their own sunglasses, fans, gum, gameboys, whatever.....they are responsible for their own stuff...this Mom will not be carrying it.

DH carries the backpack (nonvaluables in the front pockets)....if I do carry a bag while on excursions, it is a cool tote to carry either souvenirs, or my change of clothes after a water excursion.

Honestly I could care less if others wear fanny packs......I can see how they are convenient, but they are really not very flattering and I do believe there are other alternatives out there that would work just as well and look soooo much better than having a bulky bag hanging around your waist. (Looks kind of like those black inflatable water tubes around people's waists.)

But, just like mom jeans, mullets, pegged pants, and tie dye.....people are going to wear them anyways.

Archived