1pm dive trip Cabo is this possible?????

flaca

Hi,

I have been looking for information about doing a dive trip in Cabo. All the companies seem to only offer a 1pm dive. My concern is making back to the ship on time. We are in port till 6pm but I want to be back on the ship by 5:30. I am concerned about travel time to dive sites and depending on how organized they are with equipment it seems really really tight.

Has anyone had an experience with this they can share...

Don't worry they will only take you to dive spots around the ship. Did you contact Manta? They may accomodate you earlier, however I cannot recommend them. We have had two less than good experiences with them. There are other people on this board who really like them. When are you going?

Thanks for your prompt response...

I read you previous posting about Manta, so they were the last company I contacted. This information is actually for my husband. His biggest problem diving has always been a weight issue. The other companies are sticking to a 1pm 2 tank dive. He feels that this is an impossible schedule especially it being a tender port. All the other diving we've independent of the cruise lines in the caribbean the companies really worked with the cruise ships times.

Is the diving there really worth the effort or can I just suggest he skip it and only dive in PV?

There are some beautiful fish but no beautiful corals and sponges like the Caribbean. Depending upon the time of year the water can be cold and visibiltiy at best 25 ft. Be careful with Manta if your husband has weight issues. They will try to overweight him to get him to sink faster. There are areas with surge and this can be very dangerous.

Archived