when to purchase soda cards and backpacks

debs44

There were only two people in line in front of us. The adults get a coke cup and a sticker on their card, but the kids soda package did not get a cup and the kids got a bright orange wristband. This wristband did not fit either my 10 year old or my 12 year old and they are not overweight either. They put them on their lanyard with their keycards. My kids got Shirley Temples from some of the bartenders, but some said they weren't included.

just wondering do we need to purchase our soda cards and kids backpacks, before we sail or should we wait til we check in. thanks

You can also purchase both of these items through NCL website under bon voyage pkgs. It means u pay for them now by cc and they will be in your room when u arrive.

OK, about the backpack. My boys thought it was cheesy when they saw it and they were 3 and 5. They are primary colors and very babyish. I would buy the soda package for them and if they go into the kids program they actually color a t-shirt there (I think it is the last day, but check on that) so you will be getting a t-shirt that way. We always buy the kids soda wrist band at the kids club area. Have fun

OK, about the backpack. My boys thought it was cheesy when they saw it and they were 3 and 5. They are primary colors and very babyish. I would buy the soda package for them and if they go into the kids program they actually color a t-shirt there (I think it is the last day, but check on that) so you will be getting a t-shirt that way. We always buy the kids soda wrist band at the kids club area. Have fun

thanks for that if you little ones thought it cheesy my big one definately will lol, i think i will stump for soda wristbands only then

We sailed on the Sun last week and I wanted to buy the soda card for my son (9) but I wanted to inquire about the price of the backpack first. I asked several people at the table where they were selling the cards and they knew nothing about the backpacks. So when I went to Kids Club to sign my son up, I asked and ended up buying one.

It was $39 and included a soda wristband, backpack, t-shirt, sippy type cup (which he lost the first time he used it), sunglasses (more for a toddler), and a luggage tag. I'm not sure if it was the same backpack as the previous poster had but I thought it was really nice and a good size (it was royal blue, thick canvas, and had a kids crew patch on the back). In fact, we used it all week as a beachbag. The t-shirt was adorable - turquoise and had a big arrow pointing up and said "Here's the face of a kid having fun" and that same patch thing on the back. The shirt he got later in the kids crew was the kind you color on and the back was autographed by all the kids and the counselors (my son will only wear to sleep in).

The soda card that I saw advertised was something like $6.75/day which would have about $8 more than we bought the backpack for. Several people asked where we bought it - I don't think it was advertised anywhere at all. So I was happy that I learned of it here at CC beforehand!

I think the kids soda band is $18.00 for a cruise, so the back pack is a lot more. I do think it sounds like they changed the look of the backpack, and it is something you should see before you buy only a soda card. Now that I hear it is not primary colors and only royal blue, I will check it out in January. Thanks!!!!!

I too think I will wait and check it out on board, and let the 3 kids decide if they want it or not, but will definately get the adult soda cards, as Europe in August will hopefully be a scorcher!

Archived