Beach Tent or Water Float or Blow up Pool?

twopugs

Husband has decided that I am trying to pack way to much to haul on excursions. (he is correct:)

We will be doing two beach day excursions. Originally, I thought that a beach tent was a must. But after a few days at the beach with our son (7 months at the time of the cruise) I have realized that this may not be the best option. He is already crawling all over the place and it takes him about 2 seconds to get off of anything we put him on. I know that some zip up, but that would cause alot of frustration...not to mention becoming a heat box.

I am now thinking that we should just bring a water float for him or a blow up pool and then use an umbrella or a tree for nap time. I don't see us spending more than 2-3 hours at the beach anyway and then moving on to walk around and see the sights.

Which of these items do you really see getting the most use?

Bring some $1 bills to tip whoever is there to get you under a palapa or umbrella. I bring a pool float for my toddlers, but at 7 months, you may just want to carry him in the pool anyway. So a blow up pool! Useful on board and actually kind of fun for him to sit in on the beach as well if you choose to bring it.

Best,

Mia

I brought all 3 LOL!!! I used the float the most, then the pool. I only found the beach tent useful to put our stuff into. We had 4 beach days (just a few hours each day) and we used the tent for 2 of the beaches. So I would say to leave the tent at home. My son loved the float, even last summer when he was 4-6 months old. He liked the freedom from being held, and I liked that I didn't have to hold him! We used the pool on our balcony. I would say it depends on how many sea days you have. We only had 2 so I would have left that at home if I had to choose, but if I had 3 or more sea days, then bring a pool and leave the tent at home. Our cabin had a tub.

What I overpacked was clothes, diapers and toys.

What I overpacked was clothes, diapers and toys.

How many diapers did you bring? We are considering a cruise about the time our daughter turns 1, and we are doing the research right now. We are thinking about Eastern Caribbean with ports in PR, ST and SM, which we also think if in an emergency, we can find adequate diaper choices. Granted, she is an infant now, but it seems like we go through 12 diapers a day. Thats 84 for a week, plus swimmies to bring. Did you bring more or less than that? Plus 84 "N" size diapers are WAY different than 1 year old size diapers. But then again, she wil probably not be going through a dozen a day at that point.....

How many diapers did you bring? We are considering a cruise about the time our daughter turns 1, and we are doing the research right now. We are thinking about Eastern Caribbean with ports in PR, ST and SM, which we also think if in an emergency, we can find adequate diaper choices. Granted, she is an infant now, but it seems like we go through 12 diapers a day. Thats 84 for a week, plus swimmies to bring. Did you bring more or less than that? Plus 84 "N" size diapers are WAY different than 1 year old size diapers. But then again, she wil probably not be going through a dozen a day at that point.....

I have a 17-mo and have been doing informal diaper counts for the last couple of weeks to try and estimate how many I'll need to bring for our cruise in a month. We are averaging 5/day. We are actually going to be gone for 11 days, so I'll probably pack ~70 diapers. (55 + a nice cushion!)

Archived