St.Thomas beaches

Depends on whether your male or female and how much you decide to "leave to the imagination". ;) :p

If you prefer to stay skimpy, head to Little Magens, which you already had asked about in an earlier post. The rest of the beaches on St. Thomas are more family-oriented with kids running around, so I would stay more on the conservative side if you want to visit one of them since you technically are in the U.S. The islands belonging to European countries generally are a little more relaxed about the size of one's bathing suit, so save your skimpier thong for a place like St. Martin. :D

I have to disagree just a teeny bit. Considering how wide-spread (so to speak) thong bathing suits are in the US, the fact that the USVI are US-territories (and in the Caribbean and very beach-oriented) doesn't mean that a thong bathing suit is "inappropriate" per se. My personal feelings are that thongs are usually not attractive and that many who wear them should reconsider, but my preferences and tastes are not part of the equation. Calling a beach "family oriented" and assuming that means that everyone who visits should be more conservative (as in more coverage) doesn't make it a requirement, just someone else's preference. The beaches are not owned by conservative families with young children. The beaches are for everyone, and unless the locality itself has a "no thongs" rule, it's not up to us to tell others what to wear, regardless of what we think is best. (I think it's best for very heavy, older gentlemen not to wear Speedos, but again, that's what I prefer. It's not a rule.) We saw several thong-clad beachgoers on St. John, but don't know how common it is on St. Thomas. I imagine it might be similar.

beachchick

I happen to be female, but as long as one looks good wearing a thong, I don't believe what sex you are should really matter. I do enjoy laying in the sun wearing one but don't wish to be too innapproiate. I was just curious if there were any beaches in St. thomas, other than Little Magens Bay, this was fairly common.

Archived