Grand Turk 3 hour Catamaran excursion

mf217244

We signed up for the 3 hour Catamaran snorkel excursion when we are in Grand Turk on the Caribbean Princess in June. I have two teenage girls who have no interest in being close to a stingray but they will snorkel with us so that is why I chose this trip. The price is 89.00 per person as opposed to the 64.00 for the two stop stingray trip. Has anyone done this excursion and is it worth the extra 25.00 per person? Thanks

My DH and I will be taking this same excursion on the CB next month (5-11 voyage). If it would help, I will report back to you on how it goes. I usually don't do well snorkeling (scared of the water) so I've probably paid $89 to sit on a boat and sunbathe LOL! My husband is a certified scuba diver but hasn't kept his card up to date, hence, he has to snorkel instead. Will report back after 5-17!:)

• 2 weeks later...

fitz2,

If you can wait for a response until after May 18, I would be happy to tell you for sure. I think the snorkeling is done off of the catamaran but I'm not totally sure...I know we have to swim to shore to get to the beach from the catamaran, according to the information on Princess' website.

• 4 weeks later...
fitz2,

If you can wait for a response until after May 18, I would be happy to tell you for sure. I think the snorkeling is done off of the catamaran but I'm not totally sure...I know we have to swim to shore to get to the beach from the catamaran, according to the information on Princess' website.

Tranny...hoping you are back to report on this excursion. Currently am scheduled to give this a whirl in June and would love to know how it went.

• 2 weeks later...

fitz2,

Sorry about not posting sooner. I did answer someone's question on another thread but I can't remember where!

The catamaran ride was great! Although I didn't get off to snorkel, my DH did. They took us to a spot just around the corner from the ship where there was a 7000 foot ledge and snorkeled right at the edge of that drop off. You could see the definite "line" in the color of the water at the drop off point. My DH said the snorkeling was just okay, not great, he thought because of the deep water right there. He thought it would be better somewhere more shallow. Still, he said it was worth it. I, of course, "chickened out" the minute they started handing out snorkels! I knew I would!

The beach area they took us to after the snorkeling was lovely! You do have to get in the water (about six feet deep) and swim to shore to get to the beach but they do give you floaties to use. I think practically everyone got off to do this. I did walk down the beach a ways. Nothing to see but the walk was quite nice. The water is just beautiful! The beaches were blindingly beautiful also!

You will like the rum punch and rum drinks available after snorkeling! They have a really nice crew that does cater to the beginners if needed. I'm sure I would've been fine snorkeling had I chosen to do so. They get right in the water with you and lead you around if you're afraid.

All-in-all, we would probably go again if we had the chance. Just loved being out on that beautiful aquamarine water!

Hope this helps. Have a great trip. Looking to go back in November on another line and ship! Can't wait!

Nancy

Nancy-

Given the swim to the beach....was it easy to bring things with you like a towel? Or were those supplied on the beach?

I know you said the water was ~6 feet deep, but trying to get a better feel.

DGNY,

We really weren't there for any length of time, maybe 45 minutes or so. I didn't see anyone take a towel with them. We had our floaties but that was about it. I sat in the water at the edge of the beach and just enjoyed...but when I got back to the room and took my bathing suit off, half of the beach came with it LOL! Next time, I think I'll stay upright!:)

Wouldn't bother taking anything to the beach with you as you won't have enough time to set up chairs, lay on a towel, etc. It really is a quick trip with most of the time taken up snorkeling. I did have time to relax on the boat while the others were snorkeling though.

BTW, the crew floated around with us in the water holding pitchers of the rum punch and "replenished" everyone's cups when they were empty! They're really good at it!!

Any more questions??

Nancy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived