Self-serv laundry on the Gem?

SailAwayMo

I have read that there is a self-serv laundry on the Gem, anyone have any idea whether this is true and where they are located as none of the deck plans show them..........

I understand that there are three self-serve laundry rooms on the Gem. However, on our cruise in March we found that the laundry service available on the ship was very economical so we decided to really take a 'vacation' and send the laundry out.

On the first day you will be offered a pressing service at $1 per piece. It was great to send out the ironing and have it all lined up for the week in the closet by the next day at about 6 p.m. Also, mid-week, there is a fill the bag laundry special, which we didn't use. We did send out underwear, sox, skirt and pants for a nominal fee however.

When we pack for our next cruise, we intend to leave the ironing until we get on the ship and let NCL take care of it for us!

I know there is one on Deck 10, starboard side, between cabin 10081 and the midship staircase.

It had 3 sets of washers and dryers which are free to use. There is a small table in the room and an iron/board. Detergent is $1.00 for a 1 load box.

Used it for a load of clothes and everyting went well even though someone dumped our clothes out of the dryer a 'bit' early. Was just t-shirts and undies so no wrinkles to worry about.

Cruisers, how much does it cost for the "fill the laundry bag with laundry" ? If the prices are reasonable, I may not want to even bother doing a few loads of laundry myself. After all, it IS vacation, right?

On the Star last week, it was $15 for folded laundry, and $20 for pressed and hung. We just sent out socks, underwear, and the kid's clothes, so it was a total steal (for me, anyway).

Just got off Gem today. Yes, I was on ninth floor midship, starboard. Nice laundry room. Miele tumble washers and dryers. I used the dryers for some towels I had brought from home, (and really didn't need) Ironing boards, laundry sink. They are free. Laundry soap $1.00. I think they are on most of the floors.

On the Star last week, it was $15 for folded laundry, and $20 for pressed and hung. We just sent out socks, underwear, and the kid's clothes, so it was a total steal (for me, anyway).

Thanks Seattle. What size bag were you able to stuff all the clothes in for $15 (for the folded clothes option)? I am wondering if this is a bag that is more like the size a pillow case or a brown paper lunch bag... :p

Was the $15 everyday or just on the "special" day?

Thanks!

Standard pillowcase size. It was only offered one day, about night 5. The items were returned a day and a half later. It was a great way for us to get some clean clothes for the rest of the trip (we visited relatives in LA post-cruise), and to have a few clean things to unpack.

The laundry prices were reasonable (but not a bargain). I use them whenever a top or skirt gets unexpectedly dirty, rather than bringing extra clothes (I wear most of my shipboard things 2 or 3 times, unless I am doing some serious hiking or beach combing, or get an unexpected stain or spill).

I think someone has posted laundry prices somewhere, to give you an idea.

On a ten day they ran two all you can fill bag specials. About half way through the cruise it was $20 per bag and about 2 days before the end it was $15. These specials are on the day of the specials only. In both cases they folded and pressed them or hung them up as you wanted. and I am fairly sure there are only 3 self service rooms on the Gem....

Archived