Galveston from East Coast

Part of it depends on what airlines service your local airport.

Hobby (HOU) is closest to Galveston. It is a 45min to 1 hr drive from Galveston. Southwest, Jet Blue, Airtran, Delta, and American Eagle fly into Hobby.

IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) is farther away, about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic. But, it will have more flight options from the major airlines. It is a Continental airlines hub.

we flew jet blue from buffalo to hobby in hou. for our feb cruise. we arrived the day before departure and spent the night in hou. at a hilton (post oak, i think). i arranged a car service to pick us up at the airport, take us to the hilton, take us from the hotel to the pier the next day and then pick us up from the pier at the end of our cruise and take us to the hotel and then to the airport. all of that was $340. i can look up his number if you are interested. i know i have it saved someplace! well worth it. it was about a 45 min ride from houston to the pier. we decided to stay in houston and not glaveston because we had hotel points as well as jet blue points, so it was more economical for us. houston is a nice city, lots to see and do. makes a nice spot to stop for a day.

We flew to Houston International from Baltimore. Were picked up by limo service (along with a couple more) and went to Galveston. Spent night in old historic hotel--very nice.

Looks like Continental has direct flights from Pittsburgh to Houston International. Other lines are at least one-stop, for same price or more.

That would be enough for me to not worry about a few more minutes ride from an airport to Galveston.

On return, we had booked hotel in Galveston for first night--but there were about 5 other ships arriving the same day, and was raining very hard. We bagged it, took the bus to the airport and spent night in nearby motel.

Enjoy the cruise

Archived