Denali Jeep Back Country Safari

Watergal501

Has anyone take the Denali Backcountry Safari with Best of Alaska Travel? We will be in Denali Park on a pre-cruise tour with Celebrity and have some time. We would like to explore the park and see the bus that was shown in the Into the Wild movie.

Has anyone take the Denali Backcountry Safari with Best of Alaska Travel? We will be in Denali Park on a pre-cruise tour with Celebrity and have some time. We would like to explore the park and see the bus that was shown in the Into the Wild movie.

I have not taken this tour, but I have been on Stampede Trail a number of times. If you want to see the bus, you better ask specific questions on if you even get close enough to see it on this tour. With the time constraints advertized at their site, I don't think you will be going to be close to the bus. If you want to watch something interesting, look at the Youtube from goodwinjonathon on their trip via 4-wheeler out to the bus.

Janice

(Edited) We would like to explore the park and see the bus that was shown in the Into the Wild movie.

Suggest you check with the State of Alaska to make sure it is still there. I read last year the state was thinking about doing away with the bus because it, and the area it is in, were considered unsafe for tourists.

Archived