insurance again

mfboat

I did not buy insurance through my TA. I was thinking of doing it through insuremytrip.com. However, do I still have time? I made my final payment last week for my cruise at the end of June on the Miracle. Did I have to purchase insurance from the website before I made my final payment, like my TA requires?

I got insurance through insuremytrip long after the final payment was made. I couldn't make up mind which insurance company I wanted to use.We booked last August and made the final payment just this past Feb and then I got the insurance . I found them to be very reasonable with there pricing.

You just migt not get insurance that is as good as with the TA - make sure of what you're getting - that it covers preexisting conditions, and will also cover you for your travel time, as well as the time you're on the cruise.

I highly recommend Access America, which we purchased for our January '08 cruise through insuremytrip.com. My father passed away 3 days before we were to leave on our cruise, we contacted them and they were extremely helpful and kind. We explained that his funeral was going to be the morning that we were supposed to leave, so we were going to fly out the next day but had to pay the deviation fee to the airline, plus more for the higher cost of the flight. They said there would be no problem turning in a claim for that. Just go on our cruise and turn it in after we got back. We did just that, turned in the claim for $312 when we got home, and within a couple of weeks we received a check for that amount. No problems at all. I would definitely choose their insurance again for a future cruise.

I know we purchased the insurance before we made our final payment, but we didn't make our final payment until about a week before it was due.

Archived