Magen's Bay & Coral World has anyone done this ship excurision

marcyjane

Will be on the RCI Mariner June 8th cruise with son, DIL & Grandson 9.

Thinking about booking the ships excursion to Magen's Bay & coral world tour.

Has anyone ever done this excursion and if so how was it.

I also have looked into Godfrey Tours that goes up the mountain to the top then back to Magen's Bay & you can spend time at beach or coral world, but the cost of his tour doesn't included the admission fee for Coral world.

Would like your points of view before we book for sure.

Thanks so much in advance for your time and trouble in helping me out.

Marcy:)

We are doing it ourselves. Our 2 yr old can be unpredictable and I didn't want to be confined to a tour. We are going to Coral World first (which I have been to before and love) and then to Coki Beach right next door:D And if after Coral World he has had it, will just walk around town and go back to the ship.

We hired a private driver through a tour company who was amazing! We had him to our discretion for 5 hours and he had all of the insider tips on beaches and history of the island. He was able to show us a beach that is not yet publizied as open to the public, the water was crystal clear! We went to Coral world, which in my opinion was not worth the money! We planned to go to Coki beach right next door but our driver suggested a couple other, quieter beaches that were wonderful!

2CBEDDY

Who did you do your private tour with was it Godfrey Tours?

Sorry you didn't like Coral World, just thinking my grandson might like that better than just on a tour looking at sites and shopping.

we are not much of spending a whole lot of time on the beach people. We love the beach, ocean to walk and enjoy for a while, but not for hours.

Thanks,

Marcy

Marcyjane,

My opinion? I would definately stick with Godfrey. a) he's not expensive b) you'll have more time to do things than you would by taking the ships excursion, in other words you won't be rushed & pressed for time. We booked Godery last April and had a great time. He's very personable and just an all around nice guy.

Whatever you decide, I wish you & your family a great experience!!

sunsurf

Did you do a private tour with Godfrey or group tour? Which of his tours did you take?

Thanks so much:)

Marcy

We booked directly with Godfrey through his website before we left. (there were 4 of us that booked Tour #1 shopping sightseeing and beach) but in total there was I'd say maybe 10 when he picked us up. It worked out really well. After a part of the tour, he dropped those of us wanting to go to Coki beach off and continued to take the others around the island. He picked us up 2 hours later and were still back on the ship with plently of time to spare before we left.

Thanks sunsurf,

Still up in the air, but I need to make my mind up. Just wondering if on Godfrey if the 2 hours at coral world would be enough time to see everything.

I too wonder what coral world General park pass covers, what you'll see and can do. Also if you wait tell that day Godfrey drops you off to buy your pass,will there be a wait line. Godfey's tour does not cover the fee to coral world.

Thanks again, you can see I confused:confused:

Marcy

Archived