I need pampering!

Leaving on the Liberty 4/26. I decided I could use some pampering and decided to get a manicure/pedicure at the spa on the ship. I'm sure lots of you ladies have done this before - do you recommend the spa or having manicure/pedicure done before getting on the ship - or both;)

It all depends.

Since I get my nails done every other week and a pedi every 4 weeks, I always schedule an appointment before leaving home. If you don't have a regular nail person and you don't mind paying double the cost of a land based salon, pampering while on a ship sounds lovely :)

I've only had massages at sea, they do cost more than on land, but the experience was well worth it.

If it were me I'd get my mani pedi and facial at home and get a massage at sea. If the idea of a full body massage creeps you out get an upper body where they just do hands, arms, upper back/neck and upper chest, and some will do scalp too. Heaven...

Enjoy your pampering!

I always get my pedicure done before I get on the ship.

What I do recommend is that if you frequent a spa like I do, get their pricelist and compare it to the ship spa. That's what I plan to do this trip, so I can see who's cheaper. I'm not interested in getting ripped off, also look for specials when the ship is in port, it's usually cheaper.

I also have a standing 2 weeks for Manicure/ 4 wks for Pedicure appointments and I always get it done right before I leave and then take whatever color polishi I am wearing with me for quick fix ups. My manicurist just loans me the bottle after she is done applying it. I worry more about the files and fungus etc in an environment that I an not used to.

I do however love a foot massage after a long port day!!

If cost is the factor, check the price schedule from the cruise line before you go. If Carnival doesn't have it on their website you might try searching one of the cruise threads here or on another web site.

I have only had massages and facials on board. But, last time I checked the pedi was within 10.00 of what I pay at my spa at home versus a 1 hour hot stone at home for 65.00 versus 135.00+ on the ship. Plus the gal who does my hot stone at my home spa is the BEST - anyone else would disappoint!

My favorite is when they offer the pick three for a certain price on port days. This way you get a small taste of three different spa experiences. If you don't normally get a pedi at home anyway, I would recommend getting one on the ship- go directly to the spa and book when you get on the ship so you can get an appointment the first day!! Whatever you do- the spa is an awesome experience, so ENJOY!!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided on the manicure before I leave but I'm gonna save the pedicure for the spa.:D The pick 3 on a port day sounds good too but I'd don't think we'll be on the ship long enough on port days! I'm so excited - we're almost in the single digits!!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I decided on the manicure before I leave but I'm gonna save the pedicure for the spa.:D The pick 3 on a port day sounds good too but I'd don't think we'll be on the ship long enough on port days! I'm so excited - we're almost in the single digits!!!!

Good for you. You will love it.

I have booked late afternoon appointments when we return from excursions. After a day in port it is really nice to relax before dinner with a facial or massage.

Archived