Inappropriate Behavior from Gem Crew Member

Sick of Snow

It has been noted on many reviews and postings that Prem (HD) would like to hear of any comments, questions, complaints on the ship, I know he distributes his business cards at the CC's M&G.

Prem is the rudest and most unhelpful HD that I have encountered on NCL. Prem himself needs to be retrained in how to intreract and talk to passengers, his rudeness and demeanor wrecked my wifes last cruise on the Gem and several other passengers we were traveling with. Many members of his own crew are very un-happy unless they are in his inner circle.

My wife and fellow travelers have been communicating with NCL Corporate in regards to this matter and it still ha them very upset.

By the way this was my third cruise on the Gem since December with this one being the first with Prem in charge, and there was a vast and notable difference in how passengers were treated...

My mom knew everything I did, I brought stars home to spend the night & let them try to get in my bedroom & she had them! Limos in the street, I laugh about it now. .

OK now you've made me curious...WE NEED NAMES AND SMUTTY DETAILS ;)

Originally Posted by MACOP

My mom knew everything I did, I brought stars home to spend the night & let them try to get in my bedroom & she had them! Limos in the street, I laugh about it now.

Client 9?

But also let's not forget that the OP isn't accusing the guy of anything other than touching her daughter in a manner that made her uncomfortable. To my recollection of all the posts she isn't flying off the handle with all kinds of accusations of anything other than that. And I don't see why anyone has a reason to doubt her word.

And as I posted above, I wonder how people would feel if it were a 25-30 year old man? Would the views change?:confused:

Agreed. I can relay two personal experiences that happened to me - when I was 13 or 14 my mom, grandmother and I were driving on I-95- we stopped at one of those big rest stops to get some food. We were browsing the git shop and a man brushed against me and then whispered something very inappropriate in my ear. I was FREAKED out- but I did not (as some have suggested would certainly have happened if OP's daughter felt uncomfortable) yell "help Mom"- instead I kind of froze there dumbfounded for a minute, he left, and about 5 minutes later told my mother and grandmother I wanted to leave right away. I didn't tell them what happened until we were back in the car- and this was some stranger, not someone who had otherwise been nice to me or someone I was supposed to trust. I'm just saying OP's daughter clearly could have felt uncomfortable even if she didn't scream or yell. As an older woman, I was traveling on my own in Fiji. One of the staff "took a liking to me" and at one point volunteered to show me where a hiking trail was- he grabbed me (similar to what OP described), pulling my body into his body with his arm . I felt really uncomfortable as I had no interest in him, and felt uncomfortable enough to avoid him the rest of my stay. And I was a full-grown woman, not a 13 year old. I didn't make a big fuss over it, and I'm not forever traumatised by either of these experiences, but I know they did make me very uncomfortable at the time. I fully support the OP in bringing this to someone's attention- even if it was innocently meant, there's no reason why this young man should be allowed to make others feel uncomfortable. In fact, she's in some ways doing him a favor because other families may not be so forgiving!

I know the OP stated that the "young man looked to be about 18" but how old do you need to be to work on a cruise ship? Best I could find out is that he'd need to be at least 21 (also given the fact that another poster stated that they saw the young man in question around the ship doing "Booze Taste Testing). Making any kind of questionable comments or moves towards a 13 year old is way out of line, no matter how "cute" he may (or anyone else) may think it is. If it had been my daughter, they'd be calling him "Stumpy" now!

WHEW!!!! I just checked this one out thinking it must have smoking in it somewhere - thus the many pages of posts. Thankfully not so. But why wasn't there a post by about the third page about "getting out the popcorn" as there usually is on subjects which become contentious? :D

So many group came to town, many like The Rationals who had the hit RESPECT before Aretha got it & it went Platinum. But they were 16-18 so many "bars" would not let them in without a parent or guardian, so my mom was it. Then I went to work on weekend in Detroit for A Squared Productions doing fan mail responses. I rode a Greyhound up there & Jeep, the owner sent me home on a plane. I freaked when he handcuffed me to the seat. But after takeoff I just loved it so I was airborne from then on.

He had a club in town as well as 5 major cities with major acts touring them. So many "kids" needed shelter with someone to be boss, so our home had sleeping bags on the floor that Jeep bought for the guys to sleep in. Lanudry, home cooked meals & transport to their gigs was mom & me.

I still have them showing up at the door from time to time & my husband played a few gigs with them. Another friend of ours has studios in his home where he records informerical music, ad work & and has major artisits in to do the singing. So again I get calls to help.

Have you seen ABBACADABRA as yet. That is a friend from Detroit who worked on Mama Mia with Benny & Bjorn & it took him 18 months to put ABBA's recreation together again. They even played The Village in Florida for the seniors, and they loved them.

Aw-I hoped for smuttier! You got my hopes up when you started about the handcuffs, but what a letdown after that ;)

So many group came to town, many like The Rationals who had the hit RESPECT before Aretha got it & it went Platinum. But they were 16-18 so many "bars" would not let them in without a parent or guardian, so my mom was it. Then I went to work on weekend in Detroit for A Squared Productions doing fan mail responses. I rode a Greyhound up there & Jeep, the owner sent me home on a plane. I freaked when he handcuffed me to the seat. But after takeoff I just loved it so I was airborne from then on.

He had a club in town as well as 5 major cities with major acts touring them. So many "kids" needed shelter with someone to be boss, so our home had sleeping bags on the floor that Jeep bought for the guys to sleep in. Lanudry, home cooked meals & transport to their gigs was mom & me.

I still have them showing up at the door from time to time & my husband played a few gigs with them. Another friend of ours has studios in his home where he records informerical music, ad work & and has major artisits in to do the singing. So again I get calls to help.

Have you seen ABBACADABRA as yet. That is a friend from Detroit who worked on Mama Mia with Benny & Bjorn & it took him 18 months to put ABBA's recreation together again. They even played The Village in Florida for the seniors, and they loved them.

WHEW!!!! I just checked this one out thinking it must have smoking in it somewhere - thus the many pages of posts. Thankfully not so. But why wasn't there a post by about the third page about "getting out the popcorn" as there usually is on subjects which become contentious? :D

oh don't worry...plenty more to come.

popcorn.gif

Anyone wanna lay odds that this young girl was totally infatutuated with this good looking young man? If he was nice to her when they first met, betcha there was a lot of interaction on this cruise. Remember that the private island stop is almost at the end of the cruise so they had had all week to become friends. Mama may not know it but little angel thought this boy was a hottie and enjoyed being friendly with him.

I'm not saying that the teen did anything wrong, but I think that mama is furious at what occurred and the young lady isn't going to fess up. This poor crew member is being jacked with this accusation.

And for those who say no one should touch anyone, at any time, please.......give me a break. If the boy felt they were friends, there was nothing wrong with him playfully touching her. It doesn't mean that he was interested in her in any way beyond their friendship.

Like the other poster said a ways back. Exactly what did he say to the girl earlier in the week that she said was so rude? She has to remember it. You don't forget things like that if they are serious enough. I'm not buying the "I don't remember" excuse. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Yep, it does. Why wouldn't it be okay? Sheesh, you people see evil everywhere don't you?

You're right, it's just an 18+ years old shop assistant who sells jewellery putting his arms around the waist of a 13 year old girl and pulling her onto him, perfectly normal.:rolleyes:

For the record, I'd have ripped his head off.

You're right, it's just an 18+ years old shop assistant who sells jewellery putting his arms around the waist of a 13 year old girl and pulling her onto him, perfectly normal.:rolleyes:

For the record, I'd have ripped his head off.

You'd rip his head off if he and your daughter had become friends during the cruise and he put his arms around her waist while you were standing right there? Wow, you are paranoid aren't you?

You'd rip his head off if he and your daughter had become friends during the cruise and he put his arms around her waist while you were standing right there? Wow, you are paranoid aren't you?

Paranoid, you're right. An 18+ year old (and it looks like he was close to 21) man being friends with my daughter. Maybe I should leave them alone in my cabin too, I'm such an old fuddy duddy.

Come along, sing with me.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony"

Paranoid, you're right. An 18+ year old (and it looks like he was close to 21) man being friends with my daughter. Maybe I should leave them alone in my cabin too, I'm such an old fuddy duddy.

Come along, sing with me.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony"

Who said anything about leaving them alone in your cabin? The OP and her mother, both adults were standing RIGHT THERE when it happened. Tell me what sexual predator does something to bring attention to himself in that situation?

God, do you see filth and potential sexual abuse in everyone that comes in contact with your child? Poor kid.

Archived