Inappropriate Behavior from Gem Crew Member

Sick of Snow

You know what would solve this problem from ever happening again?? I do... Leave your kids at home with the baby sitter.. it's a good excuse to not have to cruise with the MIL too.:p

Respectfully Submitted:)

DW and I have discovered Boysenberry syrup! If you haven't tried it, please do! I also like Blackberry syrup!

DW sometimes goes the jam route instead of syrup but, for me, syrup is the only way to go;) .

Waffles -- don't get me started! Are you a regular waffle guy or a Belgian waffle guy? I'm a little put off by the huge holes in Belgian waffles. The syrup/compote/butter/jam always seem to nest in those great big holes and I'm never sure of how to handle the situation.:(

I'm often known to try some of the flavored syrups. Boysenberry is great. When I was a kid, we had a neighbor with a boysenberry patch. Good eats.

I'm never guite sure what to do with waffles either. To fill those holes can take a couple jars of jam or about a pint of syrup, and after all that, I have the sugar shakes for a week.

No, I'll bite! What is it?

It's a giant clam that grows up here in the NW. They've been known to reach 15 lbs (although most are a lot smaller). Some people think they look obscene, but I think the look delicious

geoduck.jpg.fc91bf353c5f85e6794e972b277c785f.jpg

Just got back from lunch - had three all the way, a large order of onion rings, and some of that good ol' southern sweet tea!:D Wonder if my boss will understand that I need to take a nap until the grease kicks in:confused: ???

I'm not sure I could work up the courage to eat a geoduck! I saw the geoduck piece on "Dirty Jobs." Mike Rowe sure does make me laugh!

mbisson - I think I knew your 1st girlfriend . . . . (not in the biblical sense):eek:

[quote name='Gixer']There are bad people out there, we all know that, but there are also an awful lot of very good, kindhearted people out there too and that shouldnt be forgotten either - I hate this pre judged, cynical, paranoid world we now find ourselves living in. I am vigilant at all times with my children, I love them and want to protect them from harm, but I dont want to teach them to live their lives in fear and mistrust of every single individual they meet.[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with this point!!!! if we went by the "don't touch anyone rule" i would have been locked up years ago! sheesh!

isn't it better to just live your life knowing you can "touch" people, whether physically, or metaphorically, than constantly having all these walls up just to "protect" yourself (while at the same time sheltering yourself). there MUST be a balance.

[quote]Quotes from the OP on her other posts:

"We have a 13 year old going with us. I see that on NCL that age goes in with kids up to 17. Was wondering how the 'kids' programs for that age group are and if it is really appropraite and chaperoned for the 13 year old who really wants to be a 16 year old girl."

"I am hoping that we can meet others with age appropriate kids (my daughter is hoping to meet 16 - 17 year old hot guys ... I'm hoping for her to meet 12 - 14 year old sweet girls) Sigh, that battle I am not sure I'm ready to fight"

"Her and I have already been butting heads over her "freedom" on the ship. She believes she should be allowed to come and go with any new friends she may make."[/quote]

this looks like the classic "i can't believe my baby is growing up, i'm going to keep her bottled up with ONLY girls...who are her age." now i'm not sure how the daughter is...but it sure sounds like the daughter is...we don't need to know more other than she's now part of the teenage group.

and if she was really concerned about her interaction with older people in the kids club...maybe they should have just gone on a different vacation.

Archived