Carnival Freedom Capers - Camp Carnival

philphi

Hi,

We were just on the Freedom on 3/22 and my older daughter was in this age group. Unfortunately, I didn't save the camp carnival schedule but if you have a specific question I might be able to remember and help...

All in all, it was a fantastic cruise -- my 2 daughters had a BLAST (well, we all did really)!

thanks for getting back to me, I have two boys one that is 7 almost 8 and one that is turning 6 a couple days after the cruise so we hope they will let him in this group and not put him with the two year olds... but I was told they are tuff with the age policy. Do they do alot of stuff with the younger kids or are they seperated most of the time? Hopefully they will let him go with the older ones' I am glad to hear that your kids had a good time !!

We cant wait to go.... 4 more days !!!

was there a lot of kids in this age group on your cruise?

Hi

We are on your cruise as well. My son is 10. My understanding is that they will not move kids up, but may move them down. They are supposed to be strict when it comes to that. We will be in the 9-11 year old group.

Have a good trip!

I have a 3 year old and a 6.5 year old and the 2 age groups didn't really do anything together -- except maybe some activities in the evening, like watching the shows or eating dinner with their friends.

The week we were on the ship apparently set a record for # of passengers on board, and there were a lot of kids. I never felt that it was overwhelming or too many kids though (we were kind of worried about that, whether we would be able to relax on deck or would there be mass kids running around and screaming. And luckily, there weren't!).

There were A LOT of fun activities for the kids -- in the 6-8 age group they did lots of activities in the Camp Carnival room as well as "Freddy Hunts" around the ship, etc.. We actually went during Easter week and so there were Easter Egg Hunts, etc... In the younger age group almost all of the activities were in the Camp Carnival room and not really anything around the ship.

Each time we dropped my kids off, they really had a blast and wanted to check the schedule to see when they would go back! The at-sea days were spent either in Camp Carnival or on the waterslide!

Archived