Ft Lauderdale and Budget Rent a Car

karchrmom

Quay Plaza is very close to Port Everglades.

They do have a shuttle but it may, depending on how many ships are in port, take some patiences to wait for it. We have never had a problem, but we were in real no hurry either. Half an hour may have been the longest we had to wait.

Also, the rate may be less renting from Quay as you don't get hit with the airport taxes and fees.

We have never gone to the airport to rent a car from the port so I cannot comment on that. Just my opinion though, why go to the airport if you don't have to?:confused: ;)

Don't even bother with the shuttle when going to the Quay location. All of you get in a cab/van. We got the cab went to the location, got our car and were pulling out of the parking lot when the van arrived !!

You might not get so lucky if there are several ships in port but we were happy to be on our way.

MaryAnn

Thanks, I saved $37 when I switched from the airport location to Quay. Were the cabs easy to catch?

Great!!! Glad you were able to save some $$$$ !!! :)

Doesn't sound like the OP had any trouble getting a cab. There is a sea of cabs when you get off the ship.

IF you do decide on the shuttle.......we always give the Quay plaza location a call once we are off the ship to let them know we are waiting for the shuttle. They usually radio the driver and he will be on the lookout for you.

Have a great time!!!! :) :D

Archived