Hotel in Vancouver

I am looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced for my daughter and myself. We dock in Vancouver after our Alaska cruise and staying overnight. I was looking into the Executive Hotel Downtown. Does any one have any comments or other suggestions. I do not want to pay $300 for a bed to sleep in but would like something fairly nice. One of the comments on the hotel we3bsite said it was nect to a "shady area" of the city and worried about walking around at night. Any thoughts?

I am looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced for my daughter and myself. We dock in Vancouver after our Alaska cruise and staying overnight. I was looking into the Executive Hotel Downtown. Does any one have any comments or other suggestions. I do not want to pay $300 for a bed to sleep in but would like something fairly nice. One of the comments on the hotel we3bsite said it was nect to a "shady area" of the city and worried about walking around at night. Any thoughts?

The location itself is one block off Granville St.which would be just fine locationaly. That area north of the 1300 block of Granville is the what is referred to as the "Granville Entertainment District" which is a bit shady particularly at night when the bars and clubs close down. You could try the Blue Horizon and Pacific Palisades on Robson St. or the Hyatt Regency on Burrard St.; in those locations you would have no problem walking around at night with your daughter.

Putter, how do you feel about the Hyatt Regency? This seems to be the most luxurious at the most reasonable price. I really want to book. I will call the Westin Bayshore in the orning because the website says they are booked. I have found that sometimes if you call you can convince them to release one of the rooms they always hold back.

If you want luxury and closest to Stanley Park - book the Bayshore - if you want to be a little closer to Canada Place and the Robson St shopping and restaurant corridor go with the Hyatt.

Cheers

Dennis

I concur with UT, they are 2 different locations, I have been in rooms in both and like them both. I suspect you will make your best deal at the Hyatt Regency and don't ask me why except that the Bayshore is a bit more "resorty" and the Hyatt in the business core is competing with any number of hotels in the business district for the business traveler.

Archived