Advice for Progreso

jrsully

Hey all,

First time poster, long time reader here. This will be my first cruise, finally. And wanted to make the most of it. However, I don't want to be running all over the place trying to squeeze everything in at once. So, here are my thoughts.

I'm going to opt out of all Carnival excursions, and go on our own. It's just the 2 of us, and we're easy to please (just glad to be on vacation!). So, I thought we'd check out the market, and get a good feel of Progreso at first. Then, what to do the rest of the day? I'd rather spend our beach day (snorkeling, sun, etc.) at the next stop in Cozumel, I've heard. So, what about a cenote?

Is there a chance we could visit, swim, in one cenote, rather than take the all day trip to 3 of them? Yes, hdawson, I've read all over yucatantoday, but only see the Cuzama trip. Are there any other options?

Hey all,

Is there a chance we could visit, swim, in one cenote, rather than take the all day trip to 3 of them? Yes, hdawson, I've read all over yucatantoday, but only see the Cuzama trip. Are there any other options?

You could take a trip to the Dzibalchaltun Ruins. They have a cenote there that you can swim in and see some neat ruins too. You can book thru the ship or thru (my pick) AutoProgreso. The later can be had at the busstop in town.

As many have probably surmissed, my choice would be taking the local bus to the beautiful city of Merida. $3.00 RT. But then again, I'm in love with the city. Many pics I've posted on the thread "hi gang" by Host Mach.

Archived