Glad we booked when we did, it does pay to book early

bubbles1209

On a daily basis I keep a check on our flights and our cabins.....yes still waiting for the fuel surcharge credit to show up.:p At the moment, if we would have waited to book the airfare for my SO's daughter and her family until now, we would be paying $872.00 more for their flights than for the 8C & 1A cabins we booked them combined.:eek: In November because of the flight schedules (times) we booked them (all 4 of them) 1 way on Delta from Peoria to Miami for $243.80 per person which was $975.20 total for 4. We booked 1-way from Miami to Peoria on AA for the same price ($975.20) for 4 for a total round-trip price of $1950.40.

If we would have waited until today to book them, we would be paying $544.00 for 4 people from Peoria to Miami for a total of $2176.00 for 4, and the price of their exact same flight on AA now sells for $722.00 pp, for 4 it is $2888.00...one way. The total round-trip price if we booked today would be

:eek: $5,064.00:eek: That's $872.00 more than what we paid for their 8C and their 1A cabin combined. Unbelievable how everything's going and has gone up. I thought the $243 was high when I booked it, but wow, now it's looking pretty good. Thankfully, they haven't changed any of our flight schedules (yet, hopefully they don't) the only thing on them they have changed is the times, they made them like 10 minutes earlier, and we have no problem going earlier:p Just wanted to share and see if anyone else out there has or is experiencing the same thing.

My SO said, lol, that if it would have been that high when he was ready to book that they may have been "on their own" to get there. We're glad we booked it all early, this will be the 1st time he's seen his dd in over 10 years, it's a re-union for them, graduation gift for his grandson, and his early birthday gift to himself, and it sails on my birthday. I think we covered all of the bases.:confused:

We booked our Jan. 09 cruise, 26 of us, several months ago and it's gone up $200 pp. We were able to get a group air rate too from MN, that group rate is no longer avaiable - all full. So, we are very glad we booked this early.

I booked my July cruise in January, also. It hasn't gone up much, but enough. It was expensive enough as it is. But, I'm glad I booked my air fare and hotel. Both have gone up. The hotel room alone went up $100!! Then again, I sure wasn't using my brains when I booked a cruise on 4th of July weekend. No wonder prices were going up. :rolleyes:

Archived