Does NCL Pearl Allow Changing Cabin at Check-in?

irvine

I booked cabin 8133 on the Pearl (for my grandmother) and found out after fact from this board that this cabin would have noise issues due to music coming from the Bliss directly below. Now, I am worried. I couldn't switch her to another cabin because that category is all sold out. My only hope is to request for a cabin change at check-in. I don't know if this is possible or if NCL will oblige. Does anyone have experience with changing cabin at the dock or once onboard? One review said that the ship's staff did not change the cabin for them despite repeated complaints about the noise.

There is always the option to upgrade to a higher cat, but she can't spend that additional money. Just one note, price she paid for a J cabin then, she can actually get an I cabin now (higher category). But I don't think the TA will allow her to upgrade to an I even though the I cabin price is the same as what she had paid less than a month ago for the J cabin.

If anyone has any tips on how to handle this, I would really appreciate it!:)

I highly doubt you'll be able to switch at the pier. If the ship is full, it's full...period. You should call the TA and explain your concerns, if they are a GOOD TA they will work for you to make sure you have the best cabin possible. If they are a bad TA they won't care, you should complain to the manager and never use them again. Even if the TA can't get a change, you should at least feel as though they tried. Hope it works out for you, but I would suggest calling ASAP before the other categories are sold out too.

i agree, usually there is a sign...at customer service...about no cabins avaiable, ship is full. after final payment, the company does what it has to be make sure cabins are full.

have your TA check to see what's available, if there is anything to move her to....

Thanks for your advice. I will contact my TA first thing in the morning. I just hope they won't charge me more $ for it. I booked this on line found out after fact that they charge for changes made to the reservation, even cabin change without change in category. But I didn't expect I would need to make changes until now.

Thanks for all your advice. I love reading this forum. :)

I booked cabin 8133 on the Pearl (for my grandmother) and found out after fact from this board that this cabin would have noise issues due to music coming from the Bliss directly below.

You might be worrying about nothing, perhaps the room above Bliss will be okay. We once had a room above the main theater, and during the late afternoon hours we could hear the performers rehearsing. It was subtle, if the TV was on you couldn't hear the rehearsal. During the evening performances we were out and about the ship -- so the noise during those hours didn't bother us.

The cruise lines goal is to sail with a full ship, there's little chance there'll be any open rooms when you get to the dock.

Archived