How's the water on Imagination?

popsec

It may seem like a trite question but I drink only water 24/7. We never had a problem with the drinking water on any ship until the Fascination and I thought it had a really "off" taste. I really don't want to have to lug water on the Imagination for our upcoming cruise. So.......can anyone who drinks alot of water on the ship answer? Thanks!

It may seem like a trite question but I drink only water 24/7. We never had a problem with the drinking water on any ship until the Fascination and I thought it had a really "off" taste. I really don't want to have to lug water on the Imagination for our upcoming cruise. So.......can anyone who drinks alot of water on the ship answer? Thanks!

Hi Popsec! I'm another 24/7 water drinker and the best I can do for you is tell you that I did cruise on the Imagination in 2005 and drank the ship water for 5 days and it was FINE--at that time. Things may have changed since then however!!

I know from your recent posts that you will be cruising on the Imagination shortly and I am only 15 days from a Imagination cruise to Grand Turk and the Bahamas (Eastern leg) myself. I would be VERY interested in your views on the ship and that Eastern leg (including the H2O) upon your return!! Any chance you could do a short review??

In any case, Bon Voyage!! :)

Hi Popsec! I'm another 24/7 water drinker and the best I can do for you is tell you that I did cruise on the Imagination in 2005 and drank the ship water for 5 days and it was FINE--at that time. Things may have changed since then however!!

I know from your recent posts that you will be cruising on the Imagination shortly and I am only 15 days from a Imagination cruise to Grand Turk and the Bahamas (Eastern leg) myself. I would be VERY interested in your views on the ship and that Eastern leg (including the H2O) upon your return!! Any chance you could do a short review??

In any case, Bon Voyage!! :)

Yes, I'll come back on and post a review....but my plans for the ports have changed drastically since breaking my foot last week. I'd really looked forward to Grand Turk, the private island and Grand Caymen because of the awesome beaches. I'm not sure of the logistics of getting around with a cast on....I'll just have to see....:)

Yes, I'll come back on and post a review....but my plans for the ports have changed drastically since breaking my foot last week. I'd really looked forward to Grand Turk, the private island and Grand Caymen because of the awesome beaches. I'm not sure of the logistics of getting around with a cast on....I'll just have to see....:)

Sorry to hear about your untimely misfortune! I should tell you that I have cruised twice with a large group of physically and mentally challenged adults and Carnival was EXCELLENT at going out of their way to make their cruise a pleasurable experience. I would highly recommend the use of one of the ships wheelchairs if you can't do the walking cast routine.. Talk to the Maitre d' about dining room logistics with the wheelchair. They will set you right up... You can also take the wheelchairs off of the ship--even with tenders which you will be doing in Half Moon Cay and Grand Cayman. Grand Turk will be easy--the ship docks at a pier right next to the beach which is very accessible...In any event don't be afraid to flash that Platinum card... It should also help out quite a bit. Looking forward to your review and take care! Musicman9859

Thanks guys! I'm lucky because when my Dr found out I was leaving on a cruise soon, she decided not to put me in a hard cast. It is a "walking cast" and I can take it off to slide into the pool:) . I'm going to have wheelchair assist to get on the plane and ship but think I'll be able to get around ok with the crutches. I'll be able to report back from a different perspective this time:cool: . I don't care cause I'm going on a cruise!

I drank water all the time on Imagination last summer and from what I remember, it was fine. It was nothing special but nothing bad stood out either.

I only remember one ship having an off taste. All the others were fine.

Not only was the smell in the water, it was in the entire ship.

And because it's more than 10 years ago, I will not mention the ship, but it was NOT the Imagination.

Hi!

We were on the Imagination two weeks ago - feels like FOREVER now!!! Anyway, the water tasted great from 4/7 to 4/12 (with the exception of the salt water in the pool - I'm sure you won't plan on drinking any of that, although I did, thanks to my 7yo DS jumping in and me catching him).

Sorry to hear about your foot! The good news is, tomorrow you'll be on a cruise! Have a great time!

Oh, if you happen to be at table 189 or have the awesome waiter team of Mario and Imade - give them our regards, especially from DS Zachary, who loved dancing with them)! And make sure to eat lots of warm chocolate cake (we saved you some;) )

Best......Tamara

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I'm back and sad to say, the water tasted just like the water on the Fascination. To me it tasted off......almost like swamp water. Maybe I'm more sensitive to water taste than most since that's usually all I drink.

Archived