Deep Sea Fishing at St Maarten

IflyWithDi

We would also love some info on this excursion! We do not go until March, on the Valor and have our guys interested...Does anyone remember what time this excursion usually runs, thru Carnival? Carnival will not give us times when we call....The girls want to do a different excursion, on the Golden Eagle, would also like to know if anyone has done this one thru Carnival and if you remember a time......Hoping they are at the same time! Thanks for any help!

• 3 weeks later...

This is from my Serenade review and it was at St. Lucia in February....

It may give you some idea though......The guys went on the ship’s Deep Sea Fishing excursion. There were 3 charter boats that went out from Serenade. They each had 6-8 people plus two crew members. They went out approximately 1 mile away from the ship and trolled along the coast. The water was very choppy and one boat came back early because the passengers were sick. Out of the 3 boats there were only two fish caught. One was a barracuda (about 24 inches long) and the other was a mahi mahi (about 36 inches long). The captain said the marlin run in October and November. There were 5 poles trolling in the water at the same time. The captain had a timer and let each person fish in the “fighting chair” for 15 minutes. During the four- hour trip my husband said he was actually in the chair for 45 minutes. He said to be the first in the chair so you will have more turns. They served soda and beer.

My husband said it wasn't worth the money. If he had caught a big one, I'm sure it would have been a different story.....

We used Rudy's through Shoretrips.com and my husband, 2 uncles, and my son absolutely had a great time. Very clean boat, only the 4 of them on the boat (besides Rudy), and a good price. My son caught the biggest fish that day, and they put the picture that I had emailed to shoretrips up on their website! Check it out:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=SXM&tcode=000751

Archived