Avis vs. Andy's

lindalo5032

It appears that Andy's is cheaper than Avis. Does Andy's pick you up close to the cruise ship tender, or is it within walking distance? Someone said that Avis "takes forever" to pick you up--is Andy's faster? We need something that will seat 7, and on their website it looks like they have several vehicles that will accommodate 7 passengers.

If you have it, would you mind posting the links for those rental companies? Im considering this option for my upcoming visit to GC as I have 2 older ladies in my group who cant walk a long way. I know, typically its pretty easy just to walk a few blocks to here or there, but that wont be possible this time. This might just be the ticket for us..... TIA.

I would like to know opinions on this as well. I rented from Avis in August 2007 and we had a good experience. The shuttle was timely and everyone was helpful. I see that Andy's prices are cheaper and I'd like to know if their service includes a shuttle from the port, etc.

Someone mentioned in my thread similar to this that they had good experiences with Cayman Auto Rental:

http://www.caymanautorentals.net/

It is the only car rental shop on the water (they claim you can see it from your tender boat) and that it is only a 7 minute walk from where the tenders drop you off. They also shuttle you back to the pier after you return the car.

I think I am going to book with them. I tried contacting Andy's several times electronically and they never responded to my emails. :rolleyes: Although I did not try calling them.

Grand Cayman Auto has a really user friendly site and I think I am going to book online with them today for my trip in 2.5 weeks.

Archived