BOB Underwater Adventure

chanceoc

Has anyone done the BOB Underwater Adventure excursion in Cabo? My friends and I were looking forward to doing it, but Carnival no longer offers it as an option, but instead offers Snuba...which looks less fun.

Someone suggested that we book the BOB Underwater Adventure on our own, but I know there are some risks with that. Any thoughts?

My wife and I just got back yesterday from a 7 day cruise that included Cabo. We were supposed to do the BOBs but it was cancelled the day before due to " technical difficulties ". This was actually our second attempt at this excursion. We went on a similar cruise last October and made it as far as the pier before we were told there was about a 40% chance the BOBs would be used. They offered a refund or said if we wanted to go and the conditions were bad we could just go snorkeling. We opted to go for it and it turned out the conditions were not good for the BOBs so we tried the snorkeling and that was no good either as visibility was very poor. I guess that excursion was just not meant to be for me. As far as Carnival offering it still I am really not sure and am not much help there unfortunately. All I know is that it seems to be really unreliable as to if and when it goes. I did see the BOBs on the boat last Tuesday as we were leaving on the ECO snorkeling excursion that we chose instead. If you get to La Paz I would recommend the snorkeling with the sea lions at Los Islotes. That was way cool.

Ecstasy - Nov. 2003

Paradise - Oct. 2004

Spirit - Dec. 2006

Elation - Oct. 2007

Spirit - Apr. 2008

Archived