The Mongolian Grill

Wennfred

[quote name='gypsyrose']Does anyone know if they have changed the oriental bar to Mexican on any other ships? I could eat Mexican every single day and never really cared to much for the food at the Oriental bar. We will be going on the Valor.[/quote]

It was still the Asian station when I was on the Valor April 13. Of course, they could have changed it since then. I'm with you - I'd much prefer the Mexican food! If they haven't changed it out, the last sea day will be Mexican in the buffet (along with chocolate - they save the best for last!)

• 7 months later...
[quote name='cruisegal58'][COLOR=blue]i see beef/chicken. do they offer shrimp as well?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I think they did. I have to go back and look at the pictures.

I just read my review on post number 1 and it said Calamari.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Wennfred']I don't think any one of the Spirit Class ships have a Mongoilan grill onboard, Im sure they can set one up but for now, no news in yet.

So far, the Conquest class ships and now the refurb Imagination.

Fred[/quote]

The Fantasy has the Stir Fry station on the Lido deck. It was open during embarkation - the line was very long. Took over 30 minutes to get my food with only about 10 people ahead of me in line.

Also - if you look at Sensation's deck plans they have it on there. I believe they add the Mongolian station with the EoF upgrades.

Just got off the Valor and sampled the Mongolian grill. The shrimp, mussels, and squid were all very good with the szechuan, however the beef was very bland.

There is one problem with the Mongolian Barbq and that is their food handling technique. The same utensils they pull the raw meat with they use to serve you the cooked food.

[quote name='Wennfred']I think they did. I have to go back and look at the pictures.

I just read my review on post number 1 and it said Calamari.

Fred[/quote]

On the Splendor the meat choices were Chicken, Duck, Beef (I think?) or Mussels. Not a clue if this changed every day, we only ate it once and it was EXCELLENT! For those that like spicy food, get the Szechwan - it's good, but not spicy at all (to me anyway). The Thai BBQ sauce was tasty also, kind of a garlic chili sauce (again not spicy to me at all, but tasty).

Archived