Mariner WiFi - how is it?

So, does anyone know if the ship has wifi? If so, how well does it work on board, in staterooms, around the ship?

Do you know the cost of this service, is it any less than using the machines provided in the internet rooms???

I used it last year. We had an outside cabin on Deck 2 and it worked perfect. There are packages you can buy or just pay by the minute. I think I did the minute thing. I would log on, download all my e-mail. Read them, respond to anything urgent and then log back on to send. Don't think I even used 30 minutes. My feeling is that I'm on vacation...work will survive without me...just needed to be able to check on a few things.

Sorry but I don't remember the price. I know I"ve seen it on here somewhere. I believe it was the same price. I liked the convenience of being able to relax in my cabin and also utilize my own Outlook.

We were in 7618, and it worked OK in our stateroom and balcony. GREAT reception in the Library- very strong signal.

That said, the speed is nothing to write home about. As the previous poster said- adequate for email logon/logoff, but that's about it. Don't plan on web surfing or instant messaging- it's just too slow.

Archived