Island marketing - top notch company

mysparky

We just did the ATV jungle & beach tour w/ Island Marketing last week. Prior to our cruise I found them very quick and thorough to my various inquiries and I felt that I had made a good choice. However, this group really helped me out when it came time for the tour.

We were on the FOS (RC) and our Cruise Compass said that local time in Cozumel was TWO HOURS earlier than ship time (and we were reminded to stay on ship time). Our tour was to start at 10:30AM Local time (which, according to the cruise compass, would have been 12:30 ship time). Well, we got off the ship, did some shopping and showed up at the meeting spot at 12:20 ship time. I was surprised the tour guide wasn't there yet, even though it was early, and I asked a local guy for the time. He informed me that local time was 11:20!!! He said that they were 2 hours behind ship time until a few weeks ago, but now it was only a 1 hour difference. Say WHAT?!!! I couldn't believe it!! I originally thought there was only a 1 hour difference, but between the Cruise Compass information and a discussion with a few different people at breakfast (who had all read the same thing) I figured that it was a 2 hr difference. WRONG!

Anyway...

The reservation sheet that I had gave me a number to call if I ran into a problem in Cozumel. I didn't have a cellphone with me and found a pay phone. I dialed the provided 800 number into the US and I spoke w/ someone who told me not to worry and that although we had missed our 10:30 tour, she would see if she could either get me onto the 12:30 tour, or see if we could do some type of private tour. She told me to go to the meeting spot in front of Carlos & Charlie's and that someone would be there soon. I figured "soon" actually meant like 30 mins, but a tour guide from Wild Tours (I guess they're the local tour crew for Island Marketing) was there in 10 mins and he told me not to worry and that he'd get us onto the ATVs. Sure enough, we got onto the 12:30 tour and had a great time.

The ATV tour may not be for everyone (although we really liked it), but I think that Island Marketing is definitely the way to go. Very professional prior to the tour, helped us when we were in a real bind, and hired excellent local bi-lingual guides. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again!

We have this booked with them for May 5, I am so confused about the time. Each time I call RC I get a different answer. When I look at the My Cruise section on their web page it states that we will be there from 10 till 7. Is that ship time or cozumel time? Is there no difference? I booked the 12:30 because I didn't think we would make it in time to meet them by 10:30, but if they are an hour or two behind then I won't make it back to my ship after the tour if we stay with the 12:30 tour. Please help me??

Lulu

We have this booked with them for May 5, I am so confused about the time. Each time I call RC I get a different answer. When I look at the My Cruise section on their web page it states that we will be there from 10 till 7. Is that ship time or cozumel time? Is there no difference? I booked the 12:30 because I didn't think we would make it in time to meet them by 10:30, but if they are an hour or two behind then I won't make it back to my ship after the tour if we stay with the 12:30 tour. Please help me??

Lulu

Is your cruise ship leaving out of a port that is on Eastern or Central time? Cozumel is on Central time and just switched to Daylight savings time on the 6th of April. So they are now one hour behind Eastern. Depending on which time your ship goes by (ours was Eastern) you would either be the same or one hour ahead. Anyway, I think i would switch to the 10:30 tour. HTH

We were originally scheduled for the 10:30 time slot (10:30 LOCAL TIME). Our ship was on Eastern Standard time and so were able to get off the boat at 10:00 ship time/ 9:00 Local time. We were scheduled to leave at 7:00 Ship time (6:00 local time), but it's all aboard at 6:15 (ship time).

We ended up going on the 12:30 (ship time 1:30). Pros of going at this time slot is that you can get shopping done in the morning, prior to the tour. Cons of this approach is that you won't be able to do shopping after the tour or spend much time at the beach. However, the beach that they bring you to (Playa Uva) isn't a sandy-bottom beach and it's ok for snorkeling (we saw several different colored fish, a barracuda, and a sting ray), but as with much of the snorkeling from shore in Cozumel now, it wasn't great snorkeling and spending just 90 mins there was actually ok. (Although I should mention that the bar makes a tasty drink and they're not expensive).

Archived