Early April versus Early December Cruise...weather, etc.?

This is my first day of posting after reading posts for a couple of weeks. So much good info! I've been on one March 2007 cruise--Royal Explorer, Western Caribbean.

I'd like any input (+ or -) on cruising in late November/early December versus a spring cruise (April). I notice a substantial cost difference. Is there any other reason other than the high demand that you expect right at spring break?

Thanks. :)

This is my first day of posting after reading posts for a couple of weeks. So much good info! I've been on one March 2007 cruise--Royal Explorer, Western Caribbean.

I'd like any input (+ or -) on cruising in late November/early December versus a spring cruise (April). I notice a substantial cost difference. Is there any other reason other than the high demand that you expect right at spring break?

Thanks. :)

I was on Explorer in early December '07. We had a bad storm on the first night and another one coming out of San Juan but otherwise the weather was good. Not blazingly hot which is good for me but in the 70s. We did get rain, especially in San Juan, but it didn't stop anyone I saw from having a good time. I'll let you know about cruising on Explorer in April when I get back--sailing on Friday.

My December cruise was just a bit less than the April one, so it may be a matter of when you book. Booking earlier gets you better pricing.

BTW, welcome to CC!

Hey There salsa,

We Always Cruise in december...One Reason Like you said....Rates are Lower

But The weather Has all ways been Awesome...Nothing Like leaving Home when it is freezing Or Snowing going to some where you can wear shorts & sun bathe right before Christmas. But Actually There is Never a bad time for a cruise...:D

Archived