On Board Web Page Blocking

themasons

We recently returned from the Victory,while on board I tried to book a shore tour with an independent company(carvinal tour full),the ship based web server blocked access to sites which were related to shore excursions etc.When I questioned the IT man on board he said Carvinal has a filter for adult content which I aggree with however I dont think they should block other shore based travel sites,even the IT fellow could not get the pages to load--I tried my laptop and the internet cafe computers on board.Has anyone else experienced this?

JIm&Sue

No, I have not experienced this. We had an itinerary change while aboard the Carnival Miracle - 8 day cruise. Had to substitute Roatan for Costa Rica due to employee strike in that country. We were able to do research and book independant tour March of this year.

Sorry you had that experience!

If anyone else has this problem you could try going to google and searching for a "myspace proxy". It's basically a webpage that get's you around such blockages. Kids at high school's use these to access myspace, youtube, facebook, etc from school when the sites themselves have been specifically blocked.

I've also heard of people using proxy's to access pages like that from work when they have been blocked. Not that I would know anything about that;)

Archived