Question about balcony on Explorer vs. Navigator

We have sailed on the Explorer twice and the Adventure once. Loved the balcony rooms on both ships. Loved the fact that the balcony felt safe because of the steel and glass combination. We have booked the Navigator for next year. On the Navigator it looks like the balcony is made up of all glass. For those of you that have traveled on both ships, how different is the feeling of the balcony when it is all glass? I am hoping it won't freek me out too much. icon_smile.gif

Thanking you in advance.

I can't exactly answer your question, but this thread from last year has links to super high resolution pics of both ships, so you can do a good comparison of the differences between the balconies.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=5383015357

Theron

Explorer of the Seas 9/27/03 Western

Celebrity Century 9/28/02 Eastern (Thanks to Lili)

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

I have cruised on the explorer,voyoger,and navigator. All with balconies- on the navigator the balcony is much bigger and the balcony glass scoops out instead of just being straight glass. I had no issues with feeling safe- the way the navigator balcony is built is much nicer and spacious in my opinion. icon_smile.gif

Sex me

Thanks for the input. I hope that it is just my mind playing tricks on me, but I think it will be really different looking out/down and seeing nothing but water! I will take your word for it since you have been on both types of ships. Looking forward to finding out.

Thanks again!

Any more opinions?

I much prefer the all glass balconies of the Adventure and Navigator - it makes the balconies feel much bigger and the views are more spectacular, particularly when sitting in your chair. No feelings of "danger" at all. ENJOY!

PS. if you want to feel some vertigo, step on the glass floor in the Crown and Anchor lounge on the Brilliance and see the entire centrium below your feet.

4/29 Brilliance Of the Seas (TRANSATLANTIC)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Yankee Clipper - 08/88

Carnival Paradise- 10/99

Bottom Time II - 10/00

Bottom Time II - 11/01

Monarch of the Seas-1/2002

Navigator of the Seas-12/2002

Adventure of the Seas-1/2003

Voyager of the Seas-8/2003

Brilliance of the Seas-12/2003

No glass around the aft balconies. Just the partition is glass. icon_smile.gif

Navigator of the Seas- 12-13-2003 (7 days) Western

Ocean Princess - 02/2002 (10 days)Southern