Soto Tours--Grand Cayman--Should I be concerned?

valancy1

Hi,

Two days ago, I booked (on-line w/ a credit card hold) an excursion for Stingray City in Grand Cayman. The webpage said it would send a confirmation e-mail.

I have not rec'd one, and I wrote them today a personal e-mail asking if they got my confirmation. I was concerned because the credit card page didn't have the little "lock" graphic like most SSL sites do.

Is this normal? Anyone having taken a Soto Tour, would you kindly let me know?

I appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Thanks!

Debra

countdown.pl?name=Debra&date=9-13-2008&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Carnival Liberty

I used Soto's a couple of years ago. I don't remember all the details when I booked, but I did not have any problems.

I know that's not much help, but keep trying to get in touch with them.

Good luck!

I like Soto Cruises.

Have you checked your spam filters and/or folders?

You can aways call and check. I think on most prepaid phone cards it is less than 30 cents/minute to call. I find it easier to use those than to try to figure out what Sprint would actually share on my cell phone.

We used Soto's a few years ago, and they were fantastic. I would just send a follow up email to make sure everything is all set. It was so nice to be in such a smaller group then the big double decker boats the cruise line books.

Have a great time and say "Hi" to all the rays for me!!!:p

I rec'd a brief e-mail this weekend indicating they got my reservation and would send a confirmation "shortly". I haven't gotten anything, but at least they got my reservation.

I will feel better when I get my confirmation, but am measurably relieved hearing SOMEthing from them anyway.

Looking forward to it--I don't do well in huge crowds anyway, so this will be nice!

Oh. Is the boat hard to get in and out of? I'm a plus-sized person... I hope I can get my arse up the ladder?? :)

Debra

countdown.pl?name=Debra&date=9-13-2008&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Carnival Liberty

Hey Debra!!

You will have no problems at all. I am also plus size, and had pulled the ligaments in my back at the time. I was on and off the boat without a problem. The trick on the ladder is to let the waves and the motion of the boat work for you. hold onto the ladder and when the back of boat dips lower, then hoist yourself up. Also, the crew is awesome. They will give you a hand with out making you feel out of place.

HAVE A BLAST!!!:D:D:D

First let me say, I would never use anyone but them! Your credit card is not charged at all. You pay in cash the total bill when you get there. I don't even think they have a Credit card machine.

They are nothing but professional. Last year on our 2nd tour with them we were just out of the waterway they live on and had to turn around for someone. This was going to make us late getting back and miss out on going to the turtle farm. They arranged for a taxi driver to meet us at their house and take us at a discounted rate. We used them again in April and were happy with the service again.

It is so nice to get to sting ray city and get of a boat with a MAXIUM of 45, although we have never had more than 30 out with us. Look around out there, most boats will have 100-150. Billy is awesome and bring stingrays to you. They give you a personal experience that is more than worth the $35/$25 they charge.

Coarl Gardens is like a bath tub. It is beautiful!

Great pictures of the boat.

DON"T WORRY ABOUT THEM> THEY ARE TRUSTWORTHY AND PROFESSIONAL.

I was concerned because the credit card page didn't have the little "lock" graphic like most SSL sites do.

I can't comment on the tour company specifically, but I would highly recommend that you not submit your credit card or other personal information to a website that isn't secure. (It should include the lock graphic and have "https" in the URL.)

Erica

Archived