Where to stay in Galveston?

love-lee

We've stayed at the Ramada Limited a couple of times. Across the street from the Seawall, to the West can walk to the Spot for Happy Hour to the east can walk to Millers Landing GREAT food even better prices. :) It's also right next to a Wendy's. Have stayed at a couple other places but like the location of the Ramada to the beach as we usually add a couple extra days before the Cruise for a little R&R to really get in the Cruisin' mood. :p And after an 8 hr drive down it's nice to just relax a day or so. I think most of the hotels on the seawall that are "chain" hotels are showing a bit wear and tear but as busy as they are in the summer and all year long with the Cruisers' I'm not surprised. Not a lot of quiet time to spruce things up. :o But the staff everywhere we've stayed has always been very friendy.

Thanks for the advice. We are going next February 15 and Mardi Gras is in full swing, so the hotels have hiked up their prices or already sold out. I just booked us a room at the Ramada, per your suggestion. $99/night, that's not bad:) What kind of food does Millers Landing have? We want to be able to walk from the hotel to dinner. Any advice appreciated!:)

They have Great everything! My husband is a seafood lover and I am not so it's perfect for us. He usually get's the shrimp special or the fried fish and I've had Chicken fingers, chickenbreast and chopped steak liked them all. Next to the Commadore is a little place (looks kind of shabby) but searves a great breakfast! Both places have been well priced, give you a full plate of food and the locals eat there!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived