Crowded Disembarkation Day

Wine Taster

My family is booked on the Eurodam for the Thanksgiving cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. We land on November 29th and there are seven other cruise ships due in port that day including the Queen Mary 2.

Does anyone know if the large umber of ships will slow disembarkation to the extent that we should shoot for later flights that day?

Yikes! :eek:

Even if disembarkation isn't slowed up, the airport is going to be a madhouse. I wouldn't book an early afternoon flight.

Yeah.... I agree. I would worry more about the airport than the port. Sure the buses and taxis will have a field day, but checking in and airport security will be a mad house. :(

This past New Year's Day I took DD to the Orlando airport where she was to fly as an unaccompanied minor from Orlando to Ft Myers (a whopping 28 minute flight that would save me a 8 hour roundtrip drive to drop her off at Grandmas.) The airport was complete MADNESS, not because of the travelers but because the airport was on HOLIDAY SCHEDULE. I never would have thought of this -- an airport employee told me that there were only about 50% of normal staff on duty -either because of schedule or calling out sick :eek: .

This wouldn't appear to affect you as you will be returning the weekend following Turkey Day, but it will also coincide with the busiest travel weekend of the year with everyone trying to return on Sat/Sun following Thanksgiving. I'd definitely book NOW and not before 1pm.

Take a later than 2:30 flight and be in the last group off the ship. You will be able to watch the worried,hurried and weary travelers going mad to get to their earlier flight. You'll be able to breathe easy and take your time.

Archived