Princess for a Celebrity cruiser?

spearmint

Hi Host Andy :)

I noticed that the recent Celebrity Cruise you are referring to was on Constellation.

How did that cruise compare with your cruise on Constellation in Nov 2006? I am curious because we were on the same cruise in November 2006, so it gives me a good point of reference.

Hi Sky Sweet !

All of our previous sailings on Constellation (other than the most recent one) were excellent. We were also on Constellation in November of 2007, and it was wonderful. It was last month's Constellation sailing that was a big disappointment. I hope that helps.

There are things that we like about both lines and don't feel that there is a whole lot of difference between the two. However, everything being equal, we would likely lean towards Celebrity, we feel their service is just a little better than Princess's.

Our first two cruises were on the Sea Princess ( purely by chance as one was paid for the other was a prize). One was 7 days in Europe and the other was 14 day Caribbean. Our opinion was that the food was excellent on both cruises. Our waiters were always attentive, and got to know our preferences. There was only one meal that my DH wasn't happy with and our waiter recognised a problem and immediately offered an alternative. The food in the Horizon buffet was very good too. Our third cruise was on MSC, we found the food very disappointing which was quite a surprise as we thought that the italian cuisine would be wonderful, however the evening entertainment was very good. Our fourth was on Celebrity Galaxy. Our waiters were superb, the maitre'd Luis was charming, and the food was OK, only OK (we thought that Princess was better). The buffet seemed very disorganised so we got a lot of exercise walking round and round trying to find what we wanted. Our next cruise is on HAL Eurodam in December and we are really looking forward to a new experience. Strange how our views are based on quality of food, but cruising does seem to be an eating marathon. The staterooms are all much the same, perhaps the showerspace on Galaxy was a bit roomier. A balcony is lovely, but then an inside stateroom serves the same purpose and personally we didnt find it claustraphobic (have had balcony twice and insides twice).

All in all...cruise and enjoy. Its a priviledge to be able to experience it.;)

Archived