Glory 1-22-05

Tom/Pittsburgh

My wife and I and our adult son are sailing on Jan. 22/05. This will be our third cruise but our first time on Carnival. Looking to hear on what to expect from Carnival. Also, does anyone have something to offer on whether to stay in Orlando the day before the cruise or travel over to Port Canveral the day before? We are currently booked into a hotel in Orlando. Our flight comes in around 3PM or so. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Welcome aboard CC and the Glory. We are also sailing on Jan 22 on the Glory. If you go to the roll call board you will find a very long thread on our sailing.

We will be staying in the Port Canaveral area the night before sailing. You may want to stay in the Orlando area and go to Disney Marketplace the evening before you cruise. It is about an hours drive to the port from Orlando.

See you on board.

Molme

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying. We are booked in Orlando the nite before the cruise and will be taking (I hope) the earliest shuttle to Port Canaveral. I like Cuban food and we don't see a lot of it in Pittsburgh. Gloria Estefan has a chain of Cuban restaurants with one in Disney Village, so that's our hope for dinner.

Have never sailed on Carnival before. Have you? We are not big party people nor big drinkers but we wanted to try Carnival, and the prices were too good to pass up.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Tom I am from Pittsburgh too. We just cruised the Glory on 9/27. What an awesome ship. Carnival really out did themselves. I can answer anything if you let me know what you would like to know.

We are not partiers either or big drinkers and we really enjoyed ourselves.

I, too, am originally from Pittsburgh, and you are smart to fly out a day before, especially in January! :eek:

Expect nothing but a great time on Carnival.. I'm hooked, want to try another cruise line, but haven't seen enough on any of the boards to make me switch, even just for something different.. ;)

Your cruise will be what you make of it.. Plan on having "FUN"! It'll happen.. :)

Archived