Just off the Pride

irishgirlkel

This was my first cruise and it was fun and exciting, so I thought I would write a little review. There are some good and bad comments ..I am just going to list them.

Food- was very bad, very luke warm, breakfast was very lack luster, same thing day after day the most runniest oatmeal I have ever seen.

David Supper club food was excellent

Was very disappointed on the first night sitting in the dinning room when a crew member came to sell me a mug.

Room was excellent, very well taken care off

Never had to deal with deck chair hogs, was always able to find one.

Muster drill went very quickly

Getting on and off of the boat was very easy with no drama either way

Crew was excellent in every way.

Butch the cruise director can be a little cheesy but arent they supposed to be like that.

I highly recommend swimming with the dolphins in porta Vallarta (sp)

I wish we could have spent more time in Cabo San Lucas and less time in Mazatlan.

I also liked Cabo Wabo, but yet I am a huge Sammy & Van Halen, and it was also a great way to get one up on my older brother...lol...

Do your shopping in PV and Mazatlan, the prices are cheapier and they are more willing to wheel n deal then they are in Cabo.

If you want a really good Mojito go see Cherry the Bartendar at the lobby bar, she really knows how to make them.

If you have any other questions please just ask.

Hi Irish,

I will be on the pride in a few weeks. How was the weather? Did you do the wild dolphin swim or the structred swim? What did you do in Mazatlan? Was the food in the dining room bad everynight? Which night would you recommend for the supper club? Thanks so much for coming back on and giving us all the great info.

We did the full dolphin swim, get in the water with dolphins its just amazing.

We dined in the Supper club on Friday night which was the 2nd formal night.

We ate in the Normandie room 3 nights, the last night was probably the best, my mom did say the Escorgt (gross..lol) was really good, as was her grilled chicken, but again was not very hot.

We did our own thing in Mazatlan, we went to a down town area and went to a huge local farmers market by the church. The church is beautiful, and the farmers market was great to walk around in, but I will warn you the way they handle their food to how we handle ours is very different.

I the reason I liked PV so much was I was able to eat at a resturant called La Palapa (sp) right down on the ocean. My parents ate at this same restuarant when they came down 34 years ago, and since my father recently passed away it was a very cool thing, cause I always heard stories about it. And the food was amazing. If you go try to go before sunset, we didnt have reservations but the place did fill up fast.

Thanks for the mini-review. We'll be on the Carnival Pride in 19 days. Was the food really that bad? Did you eat in the dining room or on Lido or both.

In my past experiences I've found the Lido Buffet to somewhat lacking, while on the other hand I found the main dining room to most excellent

Thanks for the mini-review. We'll be on the Carnival Pride in 19 days. Was the food really that bad? Did you eat in the dining room or on Lido or both.

In my past experiences I've found the Lido Buffet to somewhat lacking, while on the other hand I found the main dining room to most excellent

I hope the food hasn't gone down hill, we were on the Pride February 2007 with a group of 33 friends and the food in the dining room was wonderful and hot every night.

I was on the Pride on the March 23rd sailing. I thought the dining room food was fine and the supper club excellent. The Lido was fine for Breakfast/Lunch..... And I work in fine dining... Perhaps the O.P. had a slow server.... Or likes her food super hot. For as many people as the dining room serves they do a great job. My escargot was correct temp.

Food is very subjective..

Tom in Long Beach

DH and I were just on the Pride earlier this month. We thought the food in the dining room was excellent. The buffet in the Mermaid Grill was a bit boring, but the deli sandwiches were pretty good.

Re: Pride food........

Shrimp cocktail was great. Only 4 little shrimps so order 2 or 3 at a time.

Don't order the steaks in the dining room, they are tough. If you don't like the selections that particular night, order the burger, not the steak. They won't screw it up. If you order the steak....good luck!

Lido food was ok. The eggs and oatmeal are runny.......if you're there @ 6 AM when it first put out! Go a little later than that and it is ok.

The burger/chicken sandwich grill by the lido stage is always a good bet for a good bite.:cool:

Did you happen to use any of the sports activities onboard Pride? I am curious about the basketball/volleyball court (are they over crowded or fun) the ping pong tables and mini golf. I havent seen much reported back on these things.

the ping pong tables, they had 2 of them, they were right above the pool area , you have to go get the ping pong stuff by the mid ship pool area next to the bar, you just sign it out with your room key, same for the mini golf stuff, the mini golf was fun, never real crowded, only open like 8a-5p,

the sports court is where the mini golf is on the top deck ( sport deck, forward i believe ) you can play volleyball or basketball, my husband played basketball ,he said it was nice, smaller sports court than weve seen on some cruises, but still nice. we only went up there 2 times and there were always people playing, but they always let us join, volleyball or basketball.

when you play ping pong the ball tends to fall over the side rail and land on people under you who are sunbathing, most didnt mind though,

you can see our pics of the pride on my webshots link under mexico cruise 2/24/2008

We were just on the Pride April 13-20, and found the food in the dining room excellent. The buffet, of course, is typical buffet food, some good, some not so good. This is the first time that we had breakfast in the dining room and found that to be very good as well. Was it just me, or did the staff on the ship seem to be preoccupied or overly tired? I know that they overwork the staff, but on the other cruises I've been on it didn't show as much. There really seemed to be something going on "behind the scenes". Maybe the management lacks something on certain ships.

Its not that I like my food overly hot, but I do like it hot, my servers where great, I understand they serve a lot of people at once, but I do expect my food to be some what hot and not cold to the touch.

The oatmeal is really runny no matter what time you get there.

We ate on the Lido deck, Normandie and Dave's Supper Club.

the breakfast is boring.

We booked the Dolphin through Carnival pay the money it is so worth it. An experiance I will always remember, and hopefully will be able to do again.

Archived