Vancouver to Seattle

We will be in Vancouver for a week post cruise,is it feasible to do a day trip to Seattle?If so would you use the train or the bus and what sort of costs would be incurred?Also how long does it take to get to Seattle?Furthermore is it worth doing,I thought it might be good for shopping,but I could be wrong.

There is a bus that goes several times a day from Vancover to Seattle. I think it takes 4-5 hours but ends at the airport. You must go through customs and that takes about 45 minutes or longer if the agents find something.

Hope that helps. We took this bus about 4 years ago but it runs from the airport.

Well I guess it could be done but the traveling time would take up a lot of the day.

Quick shuttle bus would be the best.

Train is once a day North in AM and South in PM until they get a second going. No definite time frame for that however...but that's the best way to travel if you do not have a car or care to rent one.

• 1 month later...
There is a bus that goes several times a day from Vancover to Seattle. I think it takes 4-5 hours but ends at the airport. You must go through customs and that takes about 45 minutes or longer if the agents find something.

Hope that helps. We took this bus about 4 years ago but it runs from the airport.

There is also an Amtrak bus that runs three or four times a day from the Vancouver train station to the King St. Station in Seattle. We decided not to wait for the train back to Seattle and exchanged our ticket for the bus. We left at 11:30 a.m. on Friday 6/13 and arrived at the Amtrak station in Seattle about 3:45 p.m. We had about 35-45 minutes at the border. It was a great trip with a great bus driver.

We took the Quick Shuttle from Canada Place to Seattle on a Saturday. The wait at the border was at least a hour, and all they did with us was come aboard and look at passports. There were two buses ahead of us which were stopped and unloaded which took much longer. Our bus stopped downtown as well as the airport

Thinking of flying into Seattle and taking the Quick Shuttle to Vancouver pre and post cruise. Am I correct that the shuttle will pick you up at the airport and take you to various locations in Vancouver?? If so, what hotels will it drop you off at ?? gg

They do stop at major Vancouver hotels. Here is there website link. You will see that they do have a 1800 number and you could check with them about the hotel that you are staying at. If you can't connect with them for some reason then come on back and we will check for you.

http://www.quickcoach.com/

Thank you a lot, Putt. 'Preciate the info. I emailed the shuttle company and asked for a list of all the hotels they drop off at in Vancouver. They list a few, but none that I am familiar with. We have not booked yet, but hope too this week. For a 4th Alaskan trip, we are very late in the game. Usually fly from DFW - YVR, but that uses double the airline points we have, so just may fly into Seattle and shuttle to Vancouver. I always get the best info from this board. One further question: we have stayed at the Westin Bayshore, Pan Pacific, and the Fairmont Waterfront. If we do not want to splurge for these, give me a few suggestions of other good hotels, in good areas, fairly close to Stanley Park, or any place where we can see beautiful country and maybe wildlife. Shopping downtown is not a priority at all. Thanks, y'all. gg

Well you have stayed at the best and you can't get much closer to Stanley Park than the Bayshore Inn. We have been hearing of pricing well under $200 at the Hyatt Regency which is on Burrard at Georgia and some have been reporting prices of $189 at the Pan Pacific on promos and Princeline and you can't do much better than that. However there is a nice boutique hotel on Hornby St. called Hotel Le Soleil that can be fun. There is the Sutton Place on Burrrard just south of Robson St. and two Marriotts across the street from each other on W. Hastings St.

Once here have you gone up to the Capilano Suspension bridge then on up to the Grouse Mountain Sky Ride where at the top they have some bears, logging show.....?

http://www.hotellesoleil.com/1.html

http://www.vancouver.suttonplace.com/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrdt-vancouver-marriott-pinnacle-downtown-hotel/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrrd-renaissance-vancouver-hotel-harbourside/

Putt......Thank you for all the info and sites. I did hear back from Quick Shuttle and they told me to go to "Purchase Ticket", then hit the pull down tabs and a complete list of all the Vancouver hotels appeared.......and many of them are my preferred choices. Now to just get that cruise scheduled. Yes, we do want to go to the suspension bridge and Grouse Mountain. Last year we took one of the trolley tours, but these two places were not on the tour.....but this time......absolutely. Many thanks......gg

Archived