A question...

Big Mama1973

We are cruising on the Legend in May 2009. We have an aft extended balcony room booked (5297) I booked it for just me and my husband, but we may be bringing 1 or 2 of our children. Does anyone know if they allow more than 2 people in that room or will I have to change rooms? We are also travelling with friends who have booked an ocean view on the Riveria deck, so booking the kids in their room may also be an option. I've tried to figure it out from the Carnival site, but those symbols are kind of vague sometimes....thanks!!

According to the carnival deck plans, 5297 only holds two people.

Not all the oceanviews will hold two extra people either so you'd have to check the specific cabin to see if it would work that way. Otherwise, you'd have to change cabins for one of the cabins. If you're going to do that, do it soon as the cabins that hold three or four can go quickly.

We are cruising on the Legend in May 2009. We have an aft extended balcony room booked (5297) I booked it for just me and my husband, but we may be bringing 1 or 2 of our children. Does anyone know if they allow more than 2 people in that room or will I have to change rooms? We are also travelling with friends who have booked an ocean view on the Riveria deck, so booking the kids in their room may also be an option. I've tried to figure it out from the Carnival site, but those symbols are kind of vague sometimes....thanks!!

If nothing else you'll find out how friendly your friends are after ploping your kids with them for a week. I would seriously book a second room for the kids but be advised that if they are under age one of you will have to stay with them throughout the cruise.

Hello Big Mama,

I took a look at the deck plan, and no, room 5297 does not hold four people. Whether or not they might put a rollaway in there to accommodate one more person, is a question for your TA, or the cruise line directly. But asside from that, no. BTW you need to realize not all cabins have the space to put the rollaway.

(BTW I would have thought all verandah cabins had room for that, until we had a cabin on the aft of the Victory a few years ago. That cabin was smaller than most verandah cabins, did not have the little loveseat others had and would definitely not have held a rollaway. And that cabin looks just the same as all the others when you look at the deck plans. So you need someone who really knows that particular cabin to say whether you could have a rollaway in it.)

Also I'm not really sure what you have in mind when you say you "might be able to book your kids in your friend's room"?

Do you mean, book in their cabin in name only, but have them actually stay in your room, despite the lack of space. Well, not sure about the legaliity of that, but it could leave your kids with no place to sleep.

Or do you really mean to say you would expect your friends to share their cabin with your children, basically subsidize their cruise costs, and be their over night baby sitters, and in the process sacrifice a major, major portion of their convenience, and all their privacy, plus any possibility of any romance on their cruise, just so you could stay in your cabin ? That would be a an excessively huge sacrifice on their part, IMHO. ...You weren't really suggesting that, were you?

Thats what I thought, that the room would only allow 2 people...bummer....other friends of ours are booking a room for them and their daughter, who is the same age of our daughter (12), they've already said that she'd be welcome to room with them. Since it looks like the room only holds 2 we will be leaving the baby with Grandma...thanks for your replies!!

I took a look at the deck plan, and no, room 5297 does not hold four people. Whether or not they might put a rollaway in there to accommodate one more person, is a question for your TA, or the cruise line directly. But asside from that, no. BTW you need to realize not all cabins have the space to put the rollaway.

The OP is sailing on the Legend (Spirit Class). Roll aways are not permitted on any Spirit or Conquest Class ships. They are only allowed on older ships. This is a Coast Guard regulation that is only a few years old and older ships were grandfathered in.

Hmm. I am booking the Miracle for next May (also a Spirit Class) and the PVP at Carnival told me that we could put 5 of us in 1 cabin with a roll away bed that would fit under the bed during the day. We decided to do 2 cabins for more room. You'd think that Carnival would know the rules on their own ships...

Hmm. I am booking the Miracle for next May (also a Spirit Class) and the PVP at Carnival told me that we could put 5 of us in 1 cabin with a roll away bed that would fit under the bed during the day. We decided to do 2 cabins for more room. You'd think that Carnival would know the rules on their own ships...

Hmmmm, interesting. Either your PVP doesn't know what he/she is talking about or there has been another change to the policies. Anything is possible. Enjoy your cruise. I think going with 2 cabins was the smart choice.:)

Archived