Negotiating Taxi Fares in Cozumel

bulldog82

I have heard it repeated again and again about "negotiating" the taxi fare before you get in the taxi.

So, what happens bad if you don't? If the driver demands an outrageous fee and you say "no way, here's $20", what does he do -- call the police?

Just curious.

Also, is the upfront negotiating a hassle? Or do you just ask "How much to Nachi Cocum?" and if you like the answer get in?

Thanks all.

I have heard it repeated again and again about "negotiating" the taxi fare before you get in the taxi.

So, what happens bad if you don't? If the driver demands an outrageous fee and you say "no way, here's $20", what does he do -- call the police?

Just curious.

Also, is the upfront negotiating a hassle? Or do you just ask "How much to Nachi Cocum?" and if you like the answer get in?

Thanks all.

At the pier you will see a sign near the taxi stand. Look for your desination and price. Just confirm this amount before you enter the car. Most locations are listed, the only real negotiation would be for say an island tour.

Are you going to Nachi Cocum and if so when are you going? My wife and I are going on May 7 from the Carnival Holiday and are looking to split a cab if you are interested?

We will be there later in the month. We have a party of 5 already, so I'm hoping we don't have any trouble getting a minivan-type taxi. Would hate to have to split us up and pay 2 fares.

Nachi Cocum sounds nice for a relaxing beach day....hope it turns out that way.

Have a good trip!

We will be there later in the month. We have a party of 5 already, so I'm hoping we don't have any trouble getting a minivan-type taxi. Would hate to have to split us up and pay 2 fares.

Nachi Cocum sounds nice for a relaxing beach day....hope it turns out that way.

Have a good trip!

You will have no problem finding a taxi for 5, cost one way for your group will be $20 usd.

Thanks all.

This is what I did in January. Before getting in, I just said "How much to Paradise Beach?". Then got in when it was the price I expected.

I have a group of 7 doing to Paradise Beach....is this hard to accomodate or will we be split? Thanks!

No they have vans that can take your group, plan on $25 one way for your party.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the largest amt of people you can get in a van to go to the beach from pier. We will probably have to split our group into 8, since we will have 16 folks.

Taxi vans are a max of 8. Though they'll sometimes squeeze in more, it's against insurance regulations.

Archived