Dram for a quick drydock?

Fire LT

Need a rumor confirmed or denied. Just heard from a freind that the Dream just pulled into Boston with a "bent nose". Apparently had a mishap with a container ship? Can anyone confirm?

Need a rumor confirmed or denied. Just heard from a freind that the Dream just pulled into Boston with a "bent nose". Apparently had a mishap with a container ship? Can anyone confirm?

I'll run up the street and take a look. I'll try to see if I can see anything.

She will be going into dry dock shortly. The staff told us that they will be cleaning it from top to bottom and changing the chairs etc. The staff were looking forward to seeing Boston while she is there.

I just got off the Dream yesterday and we were told it is going into dry dock for one week. They are going to do a deep cleaning and a few small replacements. I also heard they may do some engine work.

The Dream is in good shape still so no worries if you are going on her this spring / summer.

We were told there would be no freestyle 2.0 upgrades for her this summer.

I just got off the Dream yesterday and we were told it is going into dry dock for one week. They are going to do a deep cleaning and a few small replacements. I also heard they may do some engine work.

The Dream is in good shape still so no worries if you are going on her this spring / summer.

We were told there would be no freestyle 2.0 upgrades for her this summer.

Which is disappointing, but not unexpected. After all, it will stop sailing for NCL in just a few more months, having been sold to Louis Cruise Lines. It'll be a waste of resources to spend a lot of cash for new beds on her. And there's no room in the Sport's Bar for "Action Stations".

I didn't think they would be replacing bedding but had hoped for the menu changes the other ships are getting. Champagne when boarding would have been nice.

Well, that's probably what you'll get. It's not like NCL is going to do nothing at all. Bostonians, is that a word, will expect some of the Freestyle 2.0 initiatives.

Nope, nothing! We asked Monique, HD, and she said that the Dream won't have any of the 2.0 upgrades. I specifically asked about the menu changes and the Champagne, since those would seem to be easy, and she agreed that those would be the easiest to implement, but said that corporate had decided against this. :(

We did have a great cruise!

Nope, nothing! We asked Monique, HD, and she said that the Dream won't have any of the 2.0 upgrades. I specifically asked about the menu changes and the Champagne, since those would seem to be easy, and she agreed that those would be the easiest to implement, but said that corporate had decided against this. :(

We did have a great cruise!

So the Dream will have a different menu than the rest of the fleet? Doesn't make much sense but I am sure we will still enjoy our cruise to Bermuda.

Diana68,

What cabin category were in you and how were the beds? What was your favorite place on the ship?

~~Maun

We have sailed the Dream 3 times, and her sister the Wind once, so have stayed in most OV categories. Our bed was fine, possibly a bit hard; but we did hear complaints about sagging beds in a few rooms,...even an Owners Suite. He did ask for another mattress, and the second one was much better for him. Some people asked for egg crate pads, and said those helped too.

I love sitting aft on deck 8, watching the wake and looking for dolphin, seals, sea lions, whales,...

Trattoria is our favorite restaurant, with Terraces a close second. If you get food from the sports bar at breakfast or lunch, carry it down one deck to Trattoria for a peaceful meal.

Martini tastings in Luckys are not to be missed, Made, the Head Bar Tender is great!

Any other questions,...just ask! :D

We're on the Dream 5/25 and I'm a bit disappointed that we won't be getting any 2.0 enhancements. We didn't choose to sell the ship or to place a ship that's on the chopping block in our port - and NCL does advertise that the 2.0 is fleetwide. Unfortuately they're the only game in town (and know it) so we Bostonians keep getting shafted....

I still don't like the idea that those who are booked on the Dream are not getting any benefits of 2.0! Oh course I do not expect them to replace beds and bedding or give out robes. But not giving us the same menu options as everyone else just because they haven chosen to sell the Dream just is not right in my opinion.

Diana68 - Thanks for telling me who to see for martinis onboard and I was wondering if they had a martini tasting event onboard. On the NCL Sun cruise in January I couldn't find enough people to have the bartender host the event so it kept getting cancelled... TWICE! :( I hope this time we have better luck. If not, I wrote down the name of the bartender so hopefully she'll (or he'll??) be in the disco serving at night.

ALL - I have to agree if NCL is not going to do ANY Freestyle 2.0 enhancements when the ship sails post drydock (which is when I thought they might implement some of the non cumbersome items like champagne at embarkation, new menus, themed parties in the disco), then they should have told people who were booking this vessel in advance time to take that into consideration. I figured that might have been a reason as to why the price was running high sailing out of Boston but I guess NCL was just gouging for a while there (I caught a price drop and took it!). However, does NCL really believe people in this area will pay through the nose for a cruise that is not going to be up to what they're saying? Something is fishy here! :confused: :(

Either way... a cruise is a cruise... whenever I'm not cooking or having to go to work then it's good for me!! :D

Diana68 - Thanks for telling me who to see for martinis onboard and I was wondering if they had a martini tasting event onboard. On the NCL Sun cruise in January I couldn't find enough people to have the bartender host the event so it kept getting cancelled... TWICE! :( I hope this time we have better luck. If not, I wrote down the name of the bartender so hopefully she'll (or he'll??) be in the disco serving at night.

Recruit, recruit, recruit!!! Talk it up on your roll call! Remind everyone when you bump into them that day. If there aren't six people, they probably won't have it. Made is a he, but since he is the head bar tender...boss over all of the bars onboard...he probably won't be serving at night. He is a very sweet, bald headed man; and will be getting married on his vacation this summer. He can do all kinds of tricks, so let your roll call know that it's entertaining too. Both martini tastings took us 1 1/2 hours to complete, four martinis; Classic, A Current Affair, Totally Wired, and Key Lime the first time; Peach, Key Lime, Chocolate, and Espresso the second. Espresso was everyone's favorite. :D

Diana - Sounds like a blast! I'll have to talk it up! I hope our roll call picks up with less than 2 weeks to go but I'll talk to people onboard and see if I can get them to go! It sounds like a ton of fun and a good way to pass the time! :) Thanks for the reply! :)

Recruit, recruit, recruit!!! Talk it up on your roll call! Remind everyone when you bump into them that day. If there aren't six people, they probably won't have it. Made is a he, but since he is the head bar tender...boss over all of the bars onboard...he probably won't be serving at night. He is a very sweet, bald headed man; and will be getting married on his vacation this summer. He can do all kinds of tricks, so let your roll call know that it's entertaining too. Both martini tastings took us 1 1/2 hours to complete, four martinis; Classic, A Current Affair, Totally Wired, and Key Lime the first time; Peach, Key Lime, Chocolate, and Espresso the second. Espresso was everyone's favorite. :D

Hi Diana - Sorry to bump into this post, but Adele and I were just wondering if you were back and going to post a review of your trip! Did you (and/or anyone else on the 18 day extravaganza) have a fabulous time??????

Archived