Dream for a quick drydock?

Fire LT

Need a rumor confirmed or denied. Just heard from a freind that the Dream just pulled into Boston with a "bent nose". Apparently had a mishap with a container ship? Can anyone confirm?

Yes, the Dream was in a collision with a runaway barge a few months ago in the South American port of Montevideo.

Here's a very popular review by Sailor Jack about the cruise with the collision

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=35972

Thanks for the info. I read the review and it was SO great. Sailor Jack has a great sense of humor.

Thanks for the info. I read the review and it was SO great. Sailor Jack has a great sense of humor.

Yes, Sailor Jack does have a great sense of humor.

And his family took the lemon dealt them and made lemonade out of it very well.

Which is what I hope everyone can do, but apparently can't.

Which is why I posted a link to his review.

Apparently the Dream doesn't sail until May 11 on its first Bermuda cruise from Boston. Therefore, most likely it will head into dry dock after unloading its passengers. I believe the dry dock was scheduled long before its barge collision in Montevideo.

I don't know where the Dream is right now, but my dad and stepmom are scheduled for a 2-day cruise to nowhere out of Boston on May 9th! I believe that the Dream was scheduled for a drydock during the month of May, but now that NCL has announced that the Dream is being sold at the end of the year they decided to forget about the drydock!!!

Only 1 month till I'll be on the Dream!!!!!!

We will be on the Dream on May 9th for the weekend cruise before it begins the Boston to Bermuda runs beginning on May 11th. As others have said and shown, the Dream is in the dry dock area very close to where the pier is. I believe that this is the same drydock area that the Dawn was in last year.

Saw the NCL Dream. She's in drydock. I can't wait to sail on her in two weeks. I guess while they're doing the general barnicle scraping and repainting the bottom (if they choose), they'll also be doing some work on her "nose". Even cruise ships need some plastic surgery!

The drydock was cut short and a two night dinner and dance cruise for Mother's day was thrown in there. I don't know what changed, possibly their taking this ship out of the NCL fleet to Star and now that it has been sold I guess they gambled right in not doing more work to her than absolutely necessary!

The NCL Dawn was in dry dock there and so wasn't the QE2 when she ran aground off Nantucket when I was a kid. I remember going to see her when the rust bucket Majesty was in town (before NCL painted her she was rusty every where)!!

Ah the good ole memories from childhood... now I feel old! :eek:

Archived