RV Hire in Vancouver

Hi we are from the UK and are hoping to hire an RV for about 8 days and do some touring around. Does anyone have any recommendations of who to hire from and where to go. The obvious place to me would be vancouver island/ Whistler/ seattle.

We Intend to hire post cruise so will proably stay in a hotel near port on the sunday we return and hope to have something booked for the monday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Iain

Perhaps this google search page will help you:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&sourceid=navclient&rls=com.google:en-US:official&q=rv+rentals+in+vancouver

The areas you suggest would be worth it - there is a nice RV Park called Riverside Camping at Whistler - right on a river and only a km to the town - local bus stops there and will take you into town.

The RV business is brisk so make your reservation early - if thinking of going to Vancouver Island - you might also want to reserve on the ferry as the number of oversized vehicles is limited on each sailing. While the distances on the Island aren't that great there is so much to do and see that any one area could take up to a week to fully enjoy.

As you do you research and have more questions don't hesitate to ask - there are many locals who ae more than willing to share there thoughts with you.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

There are lots of smaller outfits and private folks that rent motor homes two of the biggest are close to each other in Delta south of Vancouver and they both do a lot of Out of country bookings

Cruise America has an office there. http://www.cruiseamerica.com/ enter BC into the drop down menu,

Pickup and Return to:7731 Vantage Way, Delta (Yvr), BC

also close to there is: Canadream http://www.canadream.com/pages/locations/loc_vancouver.aspx

I have never rented personally from these folks but I have checked them out personally in the past and obtained details and pricing etc. I just never got around to doin' it... always went on a cruise instead. :)

Hi we are from the UK and are hoping to hire an RV for about 8 days and do some touring around. Does anyone have any recommendations of who to hire from and where to go. The obvious place to me would be vancouver island/ Whistler/ seattle.

We Intend to hire post cruise so will proably stay in a hotel near port on the sunday we return and hope to have something booked for the monday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Iain

Hi no real experience with this company but we are renting an apt from them in Downtown Vancouver. So far they have been very nice to work with.

http://happyholidaysmotorhome.com/home.html

Have a great time!

Many thanks all. Your info is very much appreciated. After looking at a few sites I thhink I'm going to book with fraserway as they seem to be a little cheaper though not by much. Really want to go to VI so will head for there to start with. don't know if we will get anywhere else as VI looks amazing. Onec again thanks very much

Iain

My suggestion for Vancouver Island is to plan a circle trip. Routing would be

Vancouver (Tsawwassen) to Victoria (Swartz Bay) - tour Victoria area (at least 3 days)

- drive north through Duncan - Nanaimo to Parksville/Qualicum area (lots of campgrounds) -

north again to Courtenay/Comox area - ferry to Powell River - drive south

down Sunshine Coast (lots of campgrounds)(ferry from Powell River [saltery

Bay] to Earls Cove) - (ferry from Langdale to Horseshoe Bay) and you are

back in Vancouver. This might be a bit ambitious for 8 days so an alternative would

be to return to Vancouver from Nanaimo. Both routes can be done in either direction.

Here is the link to the BC Ferries website - lots of info there.

That's a good suggested route - if you should opt for this there is a Circle Pac discount available - you can save upwards of 15% by doing this.

The link wasn't added so here it is:

http://www.bcferries.com/travel_planning/circlepac/index.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Wow! Thanks UT and CS. :) Your suggestions and the time you take to help complete strangers is much appreciated. We will be investigating the possibilities opened up and may let you know what we are doing. Next step is to get maps of Vancouver Island, I think. Thanks for the links.

Here's the link to the official tourism site for BC - you should be able to get maps etc from it:

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm

I am a second generation BC'ers - family arrived over 100 years ago and have been fortunate to have been able to visit most parts of the province - now that I am retired I have the time to share my good fortunes with others.

While the internet has it problems it is also a great educational tool and this site - cruise critic - gives me a chance to put my knowledge of my home and native land to good use.

Have a good Saturday

Cheers

Dennis

That itinerary around the Island and "Sunshine" coast is exactly what I did with my young family in 1976. We did go out to the West coast though via Port Alberni and I would add that and take a day out of Victoria. :)

The route will have changed a bit over that time but will still remain beautiful

Archived