Windsor and Hampton Court

I would like to visit Windsor Palace and Hampton Court palace on the same day. I would like to travel by train. Which of these should I travel to first. Is there a train connection I can take to get from one to the other?

There is no direct train connection between Windsor and Hampton Court.

People have done this with a 'mission' achieved result but its not really recommended unless you are very time poor.

Its best to do Windsor Castle first as it opens first at 09:45 and you'll get Changing of the Guard at 11:00 most days. The tour around Windsor Castle using the audio guide normally takes 90 minutes, so allow 2 hours. Best get tickets in advance from web site.

The 11:53 train from Windsor Riverside would get you to Hampton Court at 13:12 changing trains at Clapham Junction (so you've come almost back into Central London).

Hampton Court closes at 18:00

Windsor has two train stations with separate lines from Paddington and Waterloo in Central London. The line from Paddington requires a change at Slough but is normally faster and its station is opposite the Castle. Riverside, the Waterloo line is a 5 minute walk from the Castle.

Archived