Princess Grill Cabin View?

Cruller

I was recently dismayed to hear someone comment in his post that the view of his Princess Grill suite was obstructed by the lifeboats on 8. I don't mind being able to see the lifeboats, but I did imagine being able to sit in my chaise lounge and view miles of sea, the horizon and sky. For those of you who have sailed in a Princess Grill suite how was the view? How much did the lifeboats obstruct the view or put a damper on the experience? (We have cabin 10,021 booked -- starboard bow.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

I was recently dismayed to hear someone comment in his post that the view of his Princess Grill suite was obstructed by the lifeboats on 8. I don't mind being able to see the lifeboats, but I did imagine being able to sit in my chaise lounge and view miles of sea, the horizon and sky. For those of you who have sailed in a Princess Grill suite how was the view? How much did the lifeboats obstruct the view or put a damper on the experience? (We have cabin 10,021 booked -- starboard bow.)

You are two decks above the lifeboats. If you want to see the lifeboats you will have to stand at the rail, lean over the rail and look down.

In other words don't believe all the junk you read online.

You are two decks above the lifeboats. If you want to see the lifeboats you will have to stand at the rail, lean over the rail and look down.

In other words don't believe all the junk you read online.

Amen!

005.jpg

We're on a WB from Cherbourg this July and will be on Deck 9. We've sailed EB twice in QG and have never had a problem seeing the ocean. We've also been able to read on the balcony and enjoy the nightly hors dóeuvres and Champagne there.You'll have no problem with the view. She's a great ship.

Cruller, I hope that you have been reassured by the above observations. But, believing that you can't have too much of a good thing (in this case, views from the QM2), here is a view from cabin 10051:

0523004.jpg

Not a lifeboat in sight. My photobucket has lots more stuff about traveling PG on the QM2, help yourself.

Bon Voyage, and don't forget your camera!

Thank you so much everyone for your replies! The photos make me want to jump on the ship tomorrow! Alas, I will have to wait until the end of November to board the QM2 and sail out of New York to the Caribbean.

It's true that you can't believe everything you read on the Internet. Here is the original statement that had me concerned: "The view from the stateroom was of the tops of the life boats, for such an expensive stateroom this was unacceptable." Boy was he wrong! (at least in my humble opinion)

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Rubbish,the lifeboats are below you. You will have a fantastic view even from lying in bed!:D Enjoy!:D

Sharon

In fairness, I think the comment on the view being hampered by the lifeboats was based on the fact that you can't simply look down from your balcony to the water; the view is the top of the lifeboat. I don't think many people would have a problem with that, but it is a more limited view of the water than in some other cabins where you can look straight down into the water and see the waves crashing against the ship. I had a deck 11 mid-ship cabin and thought it was great and did not mind (or notice) the view of the lifeboats at all.

In fairness, I think the comment on the view being hampered by the lifeboats was based on the fact that you can't simply look down from your balcony to the water; the view is the top of the lifeboat. I don't think many people would have a problem with that, but it is a more limited view of the water than in some other cabins where you can look straight down into the water and see the waves crashing against the ship. I had a deck 11 mid-ship cabin and thought it was great and did not mind (or notice) the view of the lifeboats at all.

Well as long as we are beating this topic to death, here is another whack. The only cabins from which you can look straight down to the water are the "hole-in-the-hull" balcony cabins on Decks 4, 5, and 6, and the 10003, 10004, 9069, and 9078 suites. (And I may be wrong about 10003 and 10004.) Every other port and starboard cabin balcony looks straight down at the Deck 7 Promenade, or at the lifeboat that blocks your view of that lovely teak.

Archived