Legend changing to open dining end of July??

popsec

Received a email from Carnival regarding the change in dining options on the Legend. We don't cruise Legend till October and are currently assigned seating as requested when we booked it last year. According to the email I can keep my assigned seating or change it to open seating (5:30p to 9:30p) up to 2 weeks prior till we cruise or if we arrive on board we can change to open seating. Currently I am going to keep assigned seating until I see reviews on how this works out.

If it turns out to be anything like Princess and you originally sign up for anytime you shouldn't expect to be able to switch to traditional.

Most people don't like change so they'll go with traditional if they've never experienced anytime before.

Seems most people on Princess who are forced into anytime by booking late wind up liking it. Not everybody though.

Bill

I'd say that about 90% of all humans have experienced "Anytime Dining," it is exactly the same as eating[NOT DINING] in any sit down land restaurant.

And it is nowhere near as relaxing as traditional cruise dining. With "Anytime," people are coming and going constantly, same as on land. This is distracting compared to fixed time dining where there is little to no foot traffic during the meal. On land it is just part of the program and I don't really notice it there, but on a ship, it is very noticeable compared with traditional. The constant foot traffic holds up waiters, people bump into tables or chairs. One table is having a loud pre or post dinner toast while the next table is starting on their entree.............distracting. Normal on land, ABNORMAL on cruise ships.

Dan

Archived